Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be trading in my E60 M5 in 2 years and really want the Panamera as a replacement.

however- the new F10 M5 will be coming out next summer

The better half is all BMW ///M

Can't even get her to go to the Porsche dealership - let alone sit in the Panamera or take it for a spin.

Strategy fellas ? ;)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If she sits in a Panamera Turbo... it's over...

I dont like the new M5...looks too soft...:)
Totally agree....rear looks just like a 7 series which looks like a Lexus.
BMW Failed with the design of this model....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wow oddly enough I think the new one looks not only tremendously better than the previous but much tougher!

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
wow, loving the new M5!!

I had the Pan Turbo and it's HUGE. I can see the M5 being more practical as a daily driver.

The Pan will be way more comfortable/more room but I don't think as fun as the new M5.

plus the turbo is around $50K more when all said and done!

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Thats the first time I've laid eyes on the new M5. I reaaalllly like it. Looks sharp, I bet it could look even better in some other colors. Hmmmmm. :goingcrazy:

·
Registered
588 Posts
That's only a photoshop, the actual M5 isn't going to be seen for a while. Spring 2011 I imagine.

·
Registered
392 Posts
F10 M5. For sure.

Panamera is a great car, but ///M5 has time to develop into something that will take its cake.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
I will be trading in my E60 M5 in 2 years and really want the Panamera as a replacement.
Wait so you're going to be getting the F10 M5 or the Panamera in 2 years? Kind of thinking far ahead for a replacement, who knows what all will come out in that period of time.
That being said it's kind of difficult to compare 2 cars, one of which doesn't really exist yet. No doubt the M5 will drive fantastically, like all BMW's.
Right now the Panamera Turbo would be a good option, but as Fred said, it's way more expensive.

But maybe in 2 years the S7 will be in the US :whistle:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Panamera without a doubt! The interior and the quality of it with its fit/finish and materials alone embarass the BMW's. Plus if you get a turbo the m5 will have a tough time keeping up in any situation.

If youre buying in 2 years though, the Panamera Turbo S will be out which the new m5 wont stand chance against, and then there will also be the Panamera GTS which may be more fun than any of them.

·
Registered
451 Posts
GO M5!! IMO the porsche just looks odd, I want to love it but I can't the back is nasty on that thing. I'm sure the driving experience on the Porsche awsome but I think it will be easy to live with an M5

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I should have thrown the Audi S7 into the mix

But after a serious discussion with the wife, we've decided to get the new ///M5
2 years is not that far away.......

And the pics of the new ///M5 are already on the net.

The F10 550i M sport coming out looks pretty much like the M5, save the fog lights.
The M5 will do without them.

The " Other " car to watch out for is the BMW Gran Coupe -
Looks a bit like the new 6 series - just with two more doors ( yup, it's a 4 door )

I must admit - the upcoming S7 looks to be a great car - and beautiful lines

Possitively love the back hatch - they did a good job with it - and the interior is very
Un Audi like - which is kind of refreshing.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I should have thrown the Audi S7 into the mix

But after a serious discussion with the wife, we've decided to get the new ///M5
2 years is not that far away.......

And the pics of the new ///M5 are already on the net.

The F10 550i M sport coming out looks pretty much like the M5, save the fog lights.
The M5 will do without them.

The " Other " car to watch out for is the BMW Gran Coupe -
Looks a bit like the new 6 series - just with two more doors ( yup, it's a 4 door )

I must admit - the upcoming S7 looks to be a great car - and beautiful lines

Possitively love the back hatch - they did a good job with it - and the interior is very
Un Audi like - which is kind of refreshing.
I have been having the same discussions as you. As you can see, I have a (render) F10 M5 in my avatar. Thats what we are leaning toward.

The middle seat in the M is kind of a deal maker for us as opposed to the Pan.

And of course, the GranCoupe will be a contender when more info is available on it.

Good luck! no matter what you will have a great ride!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts