Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I haven't been around much - been crazy busy with stuff. Anyway I have an issue and I was wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this happening-

I wound my PAM 111 up and then went to pull the crown out to adjust the time when it simply slid out smoothly without that "resistance point" feeling. Turning it then proceeded to keep winding the watch rather than changing the time. I let it run down, tried it again and still not dice. I kept fidgeting around with it and eventually got it to catch and it changed to time, but as soon as I put the crown back it happened again.

Its had to describe but when I pull the crown out there is now a gap between the crown and outer cylinder that I am assuming connects with the date adjust gear system. I wish I had pictures but I am not at home this week and do not have a suitable camera (the pics I got are not detailed enough to show what I am talking about). I actually have the screwdriver which removes the strap pins and tried to take the crown guard off, and when it didn't fit I tried to force it...and now I have a scratch on the side of the watch (not very visible but to me sticks out like a sore thumb).

Any ideas? Think I should remove the crown guard when I find a driver that fits and play around with it or should I just leave it alone and take it to a pro? Problem is down in San Antonio I haven't heard of anyone who could handle this...

·
Registered
633 Posts
If it is new or relatively new and that happened I would definitely call you AD you bought it from and explain it to him and he will give you timeline etc.

If it is out of warranty anyway then if you are fairly knowledgeable then play away, just realize that if it is a crown issue where it is broken or something like that you will most likely have to replace a part and even if you get the piece off without scratching the holy hell out of it you still won't have the part and I imagine they won't sell it to you anyway.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Send it to RSC in Dallas. I actually had the opposite problem with my 112. I would push the crown all the way in, and when I went to wind the watch, the hands moved. I could change the time, but could not wind the watch.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I had the same happen to my rolex, but it was after i slammed it. I had to have a watch guy repair it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Super super simple fix! There is a screw on the movement close to the stem that has worked it's way loose allowing the stem to not lock in to the keyless works properly. This repair involves removing the caseback, and tightening this one screw only. That's it! You can open most panerai casebacks with a sticky rubber ball or you can get a caseback opener for panerai on ebay for around $25.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Super super simple fix! There is a screw on the movement close to the stem that has worked it's way loose allowing the stem to not lock in to the keyless works properly. This repair involves removing the caseback, and tightening this one screw only. That's it! You can open most panerai casebacks with a sticky rubber ball or you can get a caseback opener for panerai on ebay for around $25.

Thanks Chris, as always you are the man! I have the special tool to take it off (actually have a good and expensive one I purchased when I got on this watch repair kick that went no where...until now I guess!). When I get back to Texas I'll try her out.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Thanks Chris, as always you are the man! I have the special tool to take it off (actually have a good and expensive one I purchased when I got on this watch repair kick that went no where...until now I guess!). When I get back to Texas I'll try her out.
No problem! I suggest check the other screws as well while it's opened as they sometimes come loose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts