Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got back from my Italy trip. It was fantastic! Got to go to the Panerai Stores in Florence and Portofino! The shop in Florence was great I got to try on the 2010 Regatta PAM343 and a few others that I wanted to see on the wrist before making a decision. The ladies were some of the most professional and knowledgeable women I have met in regards to time pieces. They told me that they PAM 339 would be at their store by October 29th with out any pending delays They were not sure of their allocations but their list was 200+ and they could not put me on. One of the girls that was assisting my fiance (I think she may have fell in love with her, we all had dinner and partied in Florence later that night....... ; ) Offered to call the store in Portofino said that she could get me on their list and I might have a better chance to get one Although she said it would be highly unlikely that I would get one she said at least its a start. :clap::clap::clap: She made the call and put me on the list and I even got to confirm I was on it when we visited the store in Portofino.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Very cool, hope you get one! Love the boutique in Firenze. Great location right outside of the duomo.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
^I've been there, but didn't know about Panerai before my trip. I would have loved to stop in. =(

Congrats on getting on the list. Should be an insane piece!

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Sounds like you might have that piece or are at least getting closer. What a time that must have been. Nothing like a knowledgeable woman of watches. That in itself makes her hot but to like your girl also... even hotter. Share some pics of that city and dinner. :D

·
7,022 Posts
Will be interesting to see if people drop off the list when the MM doesn't appear on the dial. May also effect gray market value.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest I won't want it if the MM drops off aside from the composite case that's the one main reason why I want it......:bitenails:

Will be interesting to see if people drop off the list when the MM doesn't appear on the dial. May also effect gray market value.

·
Silver Sponsor
200 Posts
love that watch. The militare is beautiful

·
10,594 Posts
The watch is still a great watch. Two words on a dial don't change that. Its not a historic piece. Its a modern watch with some styling ques from the past. I'm sure if it does drop they can fill it in with something good.

I guess to me it comes down to whether I buy words or do I buy watches. Granted the dial may not look as visually appealing but if my Panerai's did not say Panerai or Luminor or BlackSeal or...fact is I would still own them. In addition, aside from the 292 their is absolutely nothing on the market that even comes close to the 339 in ANY aspect. So in short, for me, words do not make the watch.

·
7,022 Posts
The pic I saw had "Radiomir" printed on the dial. Sal, I agree with you to a point. But, its little things, like "MM" on the dial, that may in fact be the driving forces behind a watches' value on the gray market. Sure, its still a great watch; and it will likely sell out quickly. I just wonder if they will have to go down further on the wait list; or if it fetches closer to MSRP in the market. Time will tell.

·
10,594 Posts
Like the gray market price of a 292 w/Bacon or without is roughly $4,000. Another factor is that the watch was slated for only 1000 pieces now they are making 1500, how about the price effects of 50% more watches on the gray market price? I'm well aware of those factors but its not the point I was trying to convey to my chronometer cronies.

But if none are made with the MM we can only wonder what that imaginary gray market price would have been had it come out with the MM. Again, whether it fetches msrp, above, way above or even below would only be speculation as once again their will be no 339 with an MM to test the theory. In short, i hope their are a lot of people running around with that mentality and it takes a huge dump below msrp making the watch more attainable for me. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts