Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was younger.. I didn't mind. But at my ripe age of 35., I can't get used to the painted tail lights. Anyone out there want to trade their stock lights for my painted lights? This is a 2010 RRS S/C.

Since this pic, I have "de"-tinted the car.. was way too dark. Couldn't see out of the windows at night. Previous owner put 5% tint on top of the factory tint. It was unreal... like your driving with your eyes closed.

Anyways.. if anyone is interested pm me or respond to this thread.

12326764_006.jpg

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I hope you are able to make a trade. I almost rear ended some A hole because I could not see his brake lights through the dark tint in mid day. I still don't understand how this is allowed

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I hope you are able to make a trade. I almost rear ended some A hole because I could not see his break lights through the dark tint in mid day. I still don't understand how this is allowed
Just like anything, there are those who do it right and those who do it wrong. Similar to retrofitted HID's. I've seen people with blacked out tai llights that looked fine at night

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are perfect at night.. I should post some pics. The bulb comes right through the paint.. no worries there. Its just the dark lights that are too much on a white rover imo.. I like contrast.. but I think its too much.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
painted tails aren't normally a problem at night unless whoever did them did them VERY wrong. The problems come in during the day while trying to see people braking.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Just a thought for you, I wonder if it would be possible to strip the black off the lights and then re-spray with a cherry red. Red tint has become very popular for a modern, clean look (thank god the blackout look is done with for the most part), and would probably help you achieve the look you are going for. It would probably be pretty inexpensive to do, and if the finish of the light was damaged in any way after stripping the black, they would be covered anyway once the red is applied.

For example on a Cayman:
Before:

After:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts