Votes: 63 92.6%
  • Something else (see my comment)

Votes: 2 2.9%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I should be getting a lovely Christmas Bonus in a few months, and I'm trying to decide how to spend it on my Elise.

Should I get a BWR Supercharger (which I could then upgrade to the super-awesome VF kit later on), or should I get an epic paint job?

The epic paint job being, probably, lamborghini green (keep in mind that my wife drives the flat black lotus exige s with the glossy pink racing stripes, so we do have a thing for paint).

The BWR supercharger is kind of obvious.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Supercharged or bust....

·
Registered
392 Posts
I voted SC. I was about to say something else. Like a sick set of ultra lightweight yet stylish wheels. I dunno if you already have that and suspension though?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, I actually like the OEM lotus wheels. I havent done any suspension work, but a.) it is a lotus and has a pretty decent suspension to begin with and b.) I daily drive this car, so I dont want to make the ride much worse than it already is ;)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol I didnt think it would be quite so one-sided

I am leaning towards the SC myself.... but my wife really wants me to do the paint (she says its fast enough... crazy)

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
lol I didnt think it would be quite so one-sided

I am leaning towards the SC myself.... but my wife really wants me to do the paint (she says its fast enough... crazy)
haha silly silly, there's no such thing as fast enough.
definitely go for the SC.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool paint only looks cool when you go fast...
you know, I can understand this if I had a honda or something, but it IS a lotus. I'm pretty sure it at least qualifies as "fast" :p

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
you know, I can understand this if I had a honda or something, but it IS a lotus. I'm pretty sure it at least qualifies as "fast" :p
i know. I guess everyone has their priorities. Mine would be the go fast route. then work on everything else.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, this is the only place I've ever been where 0-60 in 4.9 seconds on a stock car is considered slow...

and exactly how many of those hondas were stock?

I want to be clear, I was leaning towards the supercharger.

That said, the more people call the car slow, the more I want to get the paint to be a dick ;)

should I also mention that my past cars have been features in movies, and that my lotus will almost certainly also be (my wife's is..).. so looks DO matter at least a little bit ;)

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
lol, this is the only place I've ever been where 0-60 in 4.9 seconds on a stock car is considered slow...

and exactly how many of those hondas were stock?

I want to be clear, I was leaning towards the supercharger.

That said, the more people call the car slow, the more I want to get the paint to be a dick ;)

should I also mention that my past cars have been features in movies, and that my lotus will almost certainly also be (my wife's is..).. so looks DO matter at least a little bit ;)
4.9 here is nothing spectacular...

now go to a kia forum. You for sure win that one

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
guys, my past cars have been corvettes, evos, etc... (hell, again, my wife has an exige s.. that thing is crazy fast - and no it is not stock)

I am not saying the lotus is a supercar or anything - I am saying you guys are being unreasonable in not considering it to be a fast car. The lotus is roughly as quick 0-60 as my C5 Corvette was. I generally recall them being considered "fast"

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
meh......fast/quick/uber fast/ to each his own!!

the fact that the wife called it "fast enough" is enough reason to SC!!!!

is ya wifes pink one faster than yours??:D

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
put the blower on it, is the kit a centrifuegal or screw type charger, not familiar with the kit.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
twin screw
centrifugal superchargers are dumb

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
meh......fast/quick/uber fast/ to each his own!!

the fact that the wife called it "fast enough" is enough reason to SC!!!!

is ya wifes pink one faster than yours??:D
yes, but hers is faster than almost any other car I've ridden in, let alone driven

1 - 20 of 43 Posts