Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to find a shipper who can arrange transport of my Maserati from Istanbul, Turkey to Los Angeles, next June. Needs to be sea transport.

Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
hey steve let me know if you got the shipping figured out. i have some questions. thnx

·
Gold Sponsor
1,281 Posts
Steve,

I will have the final #'s for your shipping along with the others that want to jump on the wagon... We will be using a 40' per 2 to 3 vehicles to save everyone a TON of $

If any one has questions please call me 310-925-6727

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
i got quoted roundtrip around 5000 gbp for ocean freight with transit time of 4-6wks and 13000gbp for air with transit time of 1wk including customs.

George, how does that compare to your #'s?

i'm thinking that i will rent instead of ship my own car out there.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
i got quoted roundtrip around 5000 gbp for ocean freight with transit time of 4-6wks and 13000gbp for air with transit time of 1wk including customs.

Do rentals in Europe have limits on how many miles can be driven?

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
lol not sure but i'm sure it must.

·
Gold Sponsor
1,281 Posts

The rate you have received is based on a consolidated freight, meaning they will use a 40' container and load it with 2 to 4 vehicles and it is not insured.

I can get better rates for both, if you guys want it consolidated and not insured.

The trick on this would be the more cars the cheaper it is.
I can get up to 35% discount from the carriers, since we have contract with them.
I will email everyone the rates on or before Tuesday 2/1.
Who ever wants to get rates please shoot me an email with vehicle year, make & model along with origination city and state.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
lol not sure but i'm sure it must.
Then you can base your decision on the price and go by which is cheapest.
1) Cost of shipping your own car out there + depreciation value.
2) Cost of rental + cost of excess mileage.

I got bored.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
i think rental with mileage + insurance will be in the 10-15k gbp area depending on the car. still trying to get some quotes on rentals lol. its going to be an expensive trip no matter what.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts