Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
great thread.
I LOVE BBQ (especially brisket - you TX boys should know what I mean!)
The BBQ pitmasters show is interesting to see cooking techniques

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for the late picture. This is kind of a really crappy picture set up as my new camera has not come in yet. This is basically the order it went haha.

It was super juicy! Everyone really enjoyed it. I am going to be trying a different rub next time for sure. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks again for the sweet recipe!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
My iteration...psuedo-brined with Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale and red sea-salt. Covered @ 250 for 1hr 45, sauced and uncovered for 15mins.

I'll post taste results after company arrives :)

- so...while not "fall-off-the-bone," they were the perfect tenderness for pulling the "use-your-hands" method (or politely slice it off the bone, like my mom :lol: )

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I haven't, but I want to. It will happen. Idk when, but it will.

·
Registered
700 Posts
well i got them into the oven. Threw some liquid smoke on it and some coke. Wasnt sure the quantities of each so we will see how it turns out. Also on some what of a time schedule so i have them at 350 for an hr, then will pull them out put the bbq on and let them back in for another hr. Hopefully it comes out good, we'll see!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
well i got them into the oven. Threw some liquid smoke on it and some coke. Wasnt sure the quantities of each so we will see how it turns out. Also on some what of a time schedule so i have them at 350 for an hr, then will pull them out put the bbq on and let them back in for another hr. Hopefully it comes out good, we'll see!
Nice. Some sort of dry rub or granule seasoning is vital too. I just try avoid adding salt to cooked food.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nice. Some sort of dry rub or granule seasoning is vital too. I just try avoid adding salt to cooked food.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
forgot to add i bought some of that apple wood rub and threw it on. Not sure if im going to throw on sweet baby rays honey bbq or sweet and spicy. Or theres always famous daves sweet and zesty.

·
Registered
700 Posts

well here are the pictures, they were amazing. not as tender im sure as the ones cooked low and slower but still great! ended up going with the sweet baby rays honey bbq, went together perfect.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts