Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never seen one of the big boats get that high up.

·
5,744 Posts
I'm not an intense off shore enthusiast, but I love fast boats. This is by far the worst crash I've ever seen. If you're not a believer in the manufacturing capabilities of Outerlimits after this crash, I don't know what could convince you.

Reports are, harnesses and helmet, but both seats were broken off their bases due to the severity of the impact.

On a side note, Spirit of Qatar went 244mph on the same stretch.

Reactions: NstoutBMW

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That first pic you posted is just unreal.

·
5,744 Posts
Beautiful doesn't begin to describe this boat before the crash.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The person most injured is the owner of outerlimits. The owner of the boat walked away. He was sore but he walked away. The boat is 2 weeks old. All carbon fiber layup. Probably 2 mil. But if you keep up with these accidents them surviving us amazing.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yes. Mike Fiore. Awesome guy and a pleasure to be around. Although brief, I've been fortunate enough to speak with him at Desert Storm.

From Shonda Fiore:
"The bleeding in Mike's head has stabilized and he went to surgery to fix his femur break. The break is serious and rare and he'll be in surgery about 4 hours. After recovery the trauma docs are hoping to take him off his sedation and ventilator. He will be much more comfortable then. The doctors are not worried about the bleeding in the head. It is minimal and will heal on its own. Thank you guys for all your support and texts. It means a lot to us. Will read them all to him later. He looks amazing for what he went thru and we are very lucky he is alive. I can't wait to give him a big hug!"

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good to know Mike should make a full recovery.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They went 210 on the first run dragging parachute....

·
Registered
580 Posts
Tragic turn of events.

From Facebook

"Outerlimits Offshore Powerboat Company President/CEO and Founder Michael Fiore passed away this evening from injuries sustained during a boating event in Missouri over the weekend. Mr. Fiore, age 44 of Bristol, RI developed complications from surgery when he died at University Hospital in Missouri. The entire Outerlimits family is devastated by the loss of our friend and leader of our company. Mike's love for high speed boating was only out matched by the love for his wife, three young children and his family. Details on arrangements will be made and released in the coming days, and in the meantime we hope all understand the family's need to grieve for their loss privately," said Frank Sciacca, General Counsel of Outerlimits Offshore Powerboat Company.

·
5,744 Posts
I am SHOCKED by this. His outlook was fantastic yesterday, and now this.

He went out pushing the limits in the business he loved.

-Markus-

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
RIP

My uncle flipped his cat the same way but amazingly lived. Sad day for the boating community.

Reactions: KWIK
1 - 20 of 21 Posts