Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Girlfriend is my right hand man/woman in the racing, could not ask for anyone any better, takes care of everything including my forgetful ass, never ask for nothing till a few months ago. We're in a private fishing/socal club and still have the TR21X Triton Bass Boat that will fly, but we party on other folks pontoon boats on weekend.. Guess who wanted a Pontoon boat. :wink:

Sold her Supercharged Saturn Sky, and she found one really close by. You guys remember the custom LED and light show in the race trailer, we'll this was her toy. Sponsored by BluewaterLED in the racing so she made the call, and ordered her nightmare for me to wire up. Took two months of weekends but i'm down to the cleaning up the wires and adding a few more wire looms and zip ties.

Added 2 lighted throw switches and use 3 of the nitrous switches I had left over cause they have the lighted end in them. She wanted his thing LIT UP.
Added two rheostats and be side that is the sub volume adjustment, and a binocular holder she ordered.
The guys are always trying to out do each other on the toon so she wanted something different with the stereo.
8 , 6.5 speakers and a 10" kenwood sub powered by a M700.5 5 CH kicker amp.
Running off the speakers leads on the stereo Outside speakers are Kenwood. Two facing forward two at the rear of the boat facing backwards. Running off the amp are the JLAudio's Two firing at you from the front seats two right behind the driver with the sub. .. ON the back door I enforced the back side with a tight fit 1/2 inch starboard and was surprised it does not rattle at all.
4 sets of lights on the switches and the amp switch is over top the key on the left hand side. Had room for the rest of the 4 light switches one over top of the other.
First throw switch turns on all the blue LEDs surrounding the boat. Their on a rheostat so she can control them. Second throw switch is for the inside lights. Blue under the seats and cup holders are LED red..
First nitrous on the bottom are for the Pink pontoon lights,, and guys this was her idea but the picture of the light under the step and the little red light , lighting up the floor are on the last nitrous switch and are what she calls the Skinny Dipping lights. :clap:
Topped it off with a VHF cause we all cruise around talking to each other added a external speaker for that on the dash, and stereo is bluetooth, mic is behind the Lowrance so the rain don't get to it and cuts the music when the phone rings. . Flag poll, and River life sticker finished our her toy but she was kind enough to let me add one of our dragster stickers on the bottom. Added two LED 18W work lights on the front and rewire them direct with their own fuse and she'll light up the night heading home after a fun day of partying.

Still working on the grill. Cut down a small home grill, its at the fab shop now, bought two gas cylinders 23" high extend to 34" and will have the grill mounted on track rollers like we do in our tool boxes so the grill comes up then slides out over the edge of the pontoon for cooking. Carolina design right there. :bow1:
Boys better look out. Ladies are holding their own on the Albemarle Sound.

She found a Tiki Sign she liked then we really colored outside the lines. Added two real stainless tiki torches on the front of the boat and you know the wind at night don't bother them. HEY.... i"m just the installer. :bow1:

Last photo she wanted a trolling motor and a electric anchor winch so her and the girls can go out when i'm on the road with work. Added a salt water 80 pound Copilot with the lazor guide on it so she don't have to steer, and bought a remote anchor switch and mounted it on the dash so she can drop and raise anchor from the drivers seat. The mount by the key switch and plug in the cig lighter is the XM mount . Run it in the truck and the girls have the radio but when i'm home we'll switch it to the pontoon.
Still have my toy when the need for speed on the water arises. So now we have his and hers but I think i'm really going to enjoy this thing. :dance2:

THats those You know what lights. :clap:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Cool!
I could never justify buying a pontoon boat, personally. I wouldn't be able to use it enough.
Yacht or a speedboat for me only.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cool!
I could never justify buying a pontoon boat, personally. I wouldn't be able to use it enough.
Yacht or a speedboat for me only.
Agree totally but been there done that. Live-aboard my user name came from living on my yacht . Was homeless on that adventure in New Bern NC partying like there was no tomorrow for a year then won this property I have now on a bid. Little more than I bargained for but GF takes care of the yard work while i'm gone so its cool doing things she likes to do one day anyway. Enjoyed the offshore world of speedboats with gone fishing up and down the east coast. Met a lot of friends i'm still friends with . 31TE Fountain and some high powered built motors on the back for 6 years but got back into the drag racing and just don't have time for all of it with hauling cars off the port of Brunswick GA. I still travel during the week.
Sold the yacht, Fountain, reeled in everything closer to home. Thats the yard, and like she said we have two slips and its her dime. :bow1: Have weekends off, drag strip is 11 miles from the house, venture out to Richmond but thats all I need on the bigger events, we do the water thing one day cause see likes it race one day weather permitting , and dragster satisfies the need for speed but the bass boat ain't nothing to sneeze at on the speed boat. . Loaded its still running 75mph.
Just trying to make life more simple and be able to enjoy the time around the house instead of working, racing around trying to keep up with it like I use to do. kinda moved on and its nothing for 8 to 10 boats at the swimming hole on a weekend and some wild times so its not half bad Lane change. I'm really enjoying it and the hobbies we have keep me busy enough.

His and her boat slips. She keeps reminding me how cool that is. LOL

Reactions: LaneChange

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Jesus Christ when you said you drag race, you really don't mess around!
How much power does that thing crank out? What's fueling it?
Two motors on that toy. 498 Dart and 611 monster motor. 850/1200 then if you add what those nitrous switches were left over from about 1500 hp. 498 is on gas. 611 is alky. Got the big motor in racing tomorrow and a couple of more races with it still tweaking things out but its coming out and bracket motor going back in it. Top Sportsman/ ET bracket racing is what I enjoy in that toy.
Support JR drag racing right hard so trailer is set up for the kids to enjoy and I sponsor one little lady that will be 13 here shortly in the Jr Drag racing with her car painted up like mine. You see now why I reeled everything in closer to home. :)
Enjoy the video. ITs what OLD kids do for fun on there weekend day. :bow1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX7Or9ERsQs

My old twisted up Dodge and the 48' race trailer.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Two motors on that toy. 498 Dart and 611 monster motor. 850/1200 then if you add what those nitrous switches were left over from about 1500 hp. 498 is on gas. 611 is alky. Got the big motor in racing tomorrow and a couple of more races with it still tweaking things out but its coming out and bracket motor going back in it. Top Sportsman/ ET bracket racing is what I enjoy in that toy.
Support JR drag racing right hard so trailer is set up for the kids to enjoy and I sponsor one little lady that will be 13 here shortly in the Jr Drag racing with her car painted up like mine. You see now why I reeled everything in closer to home. :)
Enjoy the video. ITs what OLD kids do for fun on there weekend day. :bow1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX7Or9ERsQs

My old twisted up Dodge and the 48' race trailer.
That's a LOAD of power! Must launch like hell on wheels. I always found it funny that those itty-bitty front wheels could keep the car going straight lol.

Always wanted to race a nitrometh Top Fuel dragster, personally.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a LOAD of power! Must launch like hell on wheels. I always found it funny that those itty-bitty front wheels could keep the car going straight lol.

Always wanted to race a nitrometh Top Fuel dragster, personally.
If you find someone that will let you will you come get me. I want to , to. :lol:
Way out my league. Thats a itty bitty mountain motor I have. To those T/S boys life starts at 600 ci.. I"m still on my freshman year. :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful property and even better toys! What part of the Carolinas do you reside in?
8 miles out of Elizabeth City one river south. Little River. Where I came up with the Little River Motorsports.
Grew up by Myrtle Beach in Tabor City, moved to Lake Waccamaw for 20 years, enjoyed the fishing up here, ended up single, had NE NC on the mind.

Reactions: Pushn'lbs

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ah, I used to live over in the Great Smoky Mtns. but I live in Hilton Head Island now. Beautiful driving roads in western NC, but overall pretty boring area. The picture you have pointing down the dock looks a lot like a dock out here on Hilton Head, so that's why I asked. The inside of your trailer is pretty awesome. I'm surprised you just didn't decide to live on the track in that. :laugh:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ah, I used to live over in the Great Smoky Mtns. but I live in Hilton Head Island now. Beautiful driving roads in western NC, but overall pretty boring area. The picture you have pointing down the dock looks a lot like a dock out here on Hilton Head, so that's why I asked. The inside of your trailer is pretty awesome. I'm surprised you just didn't decide to live on the track in that. :laugh:
Talking about western NC was with a little lady from Maggie Valley for a while but she could not stand the heat down here. Humidity. Funny now, started dating in OCT, back and forth all winter, she was in school didn't have a chance to get back down here after March till June. Left the day after she got here. ROFL. Take them out of those hills put them where their shirt sticks to them in 90 degree weather its a whole different world on the coast.
After the race the fun don't stop . Fact its just starting. Heard the song everything get hotter when the sun goes down. LOL. Thats when the party starts and the ones that stay over night are lock in by the gates. O ya we have a blast camping out at the tracks. Grill mounted on the back of the ATV, we end up at someones elses trailer/party or they at ours, usually 20 to 30, its BYOB and your own grill/food but the party is free so we got that figured out to. Most of us have turn the toy box up a few notches .
Surprised some of them/us make the race the next day. campfire parties. Richmond is those two and three day events i'm talking about. All dragster or Top Eliminator weekend is a hoot. Nothing slow, all fast .. Never miss a over night event.

Got a little LED under the rack for night cooking...

I pull VW/Audi out of Brunswick and deliver into HH some times. NC and SC are my area. Overflow I still stay south from TX back to east coast and below I-40 back into Carolina. Know your area well.

Thought I had a picture of this. Thats a load of MB's out of Vance Ala I brought back to Hilton Head about 3 weeks ago. Thats my office. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like a blast. I used to have a season pass and snowboard at Cataloochee in Maggie Valley when I wasn't in Idaho or West Virginia.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like a blast. I used to have a season pass and snowboard at Cataloochee in Maggie Valley when I wasn't in Idaho or West Virginia.
Thats where I met her. She was a Local snow bunny. Group of us went up, she was use to playing the field no different than we did living by Myrtle when the summer girls came down. Hated me the first night. Through a comment I went back and cut to to the quick. Second night was a stalemate thrid night I had put that Myrtle Beach charm on her she couldn't stand the pressure. You know i'm taking smack right??? ROFL Never did any hanging out up north. Had my own things going on local most of the time.
OLD GUYS STILL RULE> :wink:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hahaha. Catalooche sucks pretty bad, but it was the only place to snowboard in at least a 200 mile radius. I'm going out to Whistler in Canada this year, woot!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grill finished.

To old for that mess now. Still like my speed just not free styling it. I want padding and a helmet . LOL.

Finished tinkering with the grill. Mentioned I ordered two gas cylinders, 23" extend to 34 which is perfect height for the grill when cooking and tucks away nicely so it does not hurt your view when your not. Gas bottle fits under the CC where the trash can was but you can flip the top and turn it on and off and its not showing. Like that. :)
Also had to configure it where the spill pan would be in the middle of the two rails in the rear extended so its easy to get out.
Pull up on those two outside leavers and she rises, pull up and push down on the grill itself, she lowers.
Now she's ready. :)

UP,,

Down.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Invite me over, I'll bring the meat.
No,,, you drive from Southern Calif just to party, dinner is on us. LOL.
But I have partied a hell of a lot in your town. Navy for a while, and it sure ain't like it use to be. LOL

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Navy dudes REALLY know how to live it up haha
Ya I can sure sit down and tell some stories but I actually have to admit i'm having more fun in life now than I ever did.

Just refuse to let age control me and staying active seems to be the ticket or at least its working. LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts