Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I was recently involved in an accident in Memphis (a guy texting while driving plowed into me full speed) in my 2012 Coupe CTS-V. Needless to say, there is quite a bit of damage, and his insurance has noted some frame damage. Hearing that, i'm wanting to get out of the car once it's repaired, so i'm looking at a couple of replacement options. I'm looking for input on the cars on the list below. My previous cars is to give you an idea of what I like. Anyways, let me know your thoughts so I can narrow down the list to something more acceptable :)

Options for new car:
2012/2013 C63 AMG Coupe
2012 Jaguar XJL Supercharged
2013 Jaguar XFR
2013 S5
2012/2013 A7
2010ish GTR
2012 M3 Competition Pkg
2014 Stingray
2013 SRT8 Grand Cherokee
I'm aiming for between 60-70k for this daily driver car. If there is anything not on this list you recommend I take a look at, please let me know!

Previous cars:
2012 CTS-V
2009 CTS-V
2012 Camaro SS
2009 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2006 Chrysler 300C
2003 Corvette
1999 WS6 Trans Am

I like power, I've recently received a higher paying job, thus the transition to luxury sport cars on the new list. Please provide any experience with these in the list. I'd greatly appreciate it!

Adam

·
Registered
620 Posts
From your history, I would say it is not just power you like, but torque.

With that in mind, I might rule out the M3. It makes decent top end power, but the low end is smooth and linear. Not like an American or even a Benz AMG V8... Which is more of a sledgehammer of torque not far off idle.

The GTR has amazing performance, but you may miss that growl and roar of a V8.

For $60k-$70k... While it isn't quite "luxury" (then again, neither is the Vette or GTR)... You can get a well optioned 2013/2014 Shelby GT500. With the SVT Performance pack, Track pack, Recaro seats, tech/electronics pack with Nav, Shaker Pro audio... I think total MSRP is like $67k.

660hp from the superchargered 5.8L DOHC 4V V8 will plant you in the seat like nothing else on your list, with maybe the exception of the GTR using launch control. With like $2k in mods (intake, throttle body, pulley, tune) they pick up almost 150hp and put around 700hp to the rear tires (800hp at the motor) I'd at least test drive one.

Reactions: vtiracing08

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input! I'm considering the GT500, but i really dont want a DD manual. *flame suit on* :)

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Dont want to dd a manual but you want a sport/luxury car? lol Geeeeeeesh.

Go luxury then. If it's going to be a sports car, for the love of anything holy don't get an automatic.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, so i'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on a new ride. Cars been in the shop for 7 weeks now but I should here somethign back today. i've actually opened the doors a little more to my options, and this is what my list is looking like now. Thoughts on the new additions?

C63 AMG
CTS-V Coupe
Ghibli
2014 Cayman S
XKR Coupe
Stingray
used Grand Cherokee SRT8

I've ruled out the XJL, GT500, GTR, M3, A7, and M3. I'm looking to stick around 60k now. I'm curious about the Cayman S. I can find a 14 used for about 65 or so, but there are no porsche dealerships in AR where I can get some seat time. closest is memphis.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ruled out the XFR due to a couple of silly reasons honestly, the main one being I only like the 2013+ body style, and those are pretty pricey. Also, I just like the appearance of my other options over the XFR that I could afford. I do think that the newer body style XFR would be the ultimate daily driver with a tune/pulley.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Based on your previous history, Wheelman nailed it on the head, you're into torque. Since the GT500 was ruled out I would stick with:

A) C63
B) CTS-V
C) Corvette Stingray Z51
D) Camaro ZL1 (my choice)

I think the Cayman would be a fun car but you have to drive it at it's limits to really enjoy it, something I doubt you'll do for a DD

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Oh god don't start on the California/Stingray bandwagon...they look NOTHING alike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think it's a bad thing it looks like a ferrari. I love the styling of it. my ONLY issue with the stingray is that everyone and their mom is going to have one in the coming months. I'm thinking of even potentially leasing one on a 12 mo lease to have something to drive until the Gen 3 CTS-V is announced/release, and transition to that. i REALLY love my V, it's just plain fun with 600-700hp for relatively cheap, and it's reliable. That's the only thing I worry about the AMG or anything foreign for that matter, paying much more for the same parts, reliability, etc.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
What are your thoughts on a ZL1? Looks to kill, track performance but also comfortable daily. Available in an automatic and it's domestic so parts are cheap and plentiful*

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My only beef with the ZL1 is that I had a Camaro SS, and I did NOT like the interior, and it just wasn't that peppy. If anything, i think i'd end up with a used CTS-V coupe again for the luxury perspective instead of a ZL1. not a bad car by any means, but I just like a couple of the other options better from a luxury perspective.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I don't think it's a bad thing it looks like a ferrari. I love the styling of it. my ONLY issue with the stingray is that everyone and their mom is going to have one in the coming months. I'm thinking of even potentially leasing one on a 12 mo lease to have something to drive until the Gen 3 CTS-V is announced/release, and transition to that. i REALLY love my V, it's just plain fun with 600-700hp for relatively cheap, and it's reliable. That's the only thing I worry about the AMG or anything foreign for that matter, paying much more for the same parts, reliability, etc.
A 2011 C63 AMG (5.5 litre twin turbo V8) will burn up a CTS-V but for the price of an 11' AMG you can get a 2014 CTS-V and still have money left over to remodel your kitchen.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts