Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a 355 in destin this past weekend and really liked it...my understanding is that they are being unloaded for much less than the 300k retail right now...

any thoughts/experiences with these?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I guess Im unfamiliar with a 35x. I thought all their models started with a letter followed by length. Post some pics, power and options. I would imagine anything thats only 35' (outside of an aft cabin) could be had for SIGNIFICANTLY less than $300k. Plus the used market is completely saturated with good deals...

·
Banned
8,211 Posts
Formula makes a decent boat, honestly I put the two in the same class as far as quality goes. It really depends on how you want to use it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, thought it would be assumed its the V series, 35-37 foot (v350, v355, v358, v375).

It would be used to dick around in along the florida coast 3-6 times per year...i have a condo in destin so i wouldnt be sleeping in it for more than 1 night ever.

mainly day fishing trips/stupid stuff.

I would likely buy another condo with a boat slip included in the destin area if I ever do to this, so it would really be a stupid excess.

Maybe my best bet is to rent when I want one?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry, thought it would be assumed its the V series, 35-37 foot (v350, v355, v358, v375).

It would be used to dick around in along the florida coast 3-6 times per year...i have a condo in destin so i wouldnt be sleeping in it for more than 1 night ever.

mainly day fishing trips/stupid stuff.

I would likely buy another condo with a boat slip included in the destin area if I ever do to this, so it would really be a stupid excess.

Maybe my best bet is to rent when I want one?
Not the best boat for fishing. Check out some of the 35-38 foot center console fishing boats. They might meet your needs somewhat more since you don't plan to spend more than one night.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
You would hate fishing out of that boat.. I agree, check out a center console.. Plus a lot of the 38's and larger have a V berth for the occasional overnighter. Plus if you're only using it 6 times a year, its gonna get dirty and stay dirty... a center console can be washed with a hose from end to end and call it good.. Plus the reliability of the outboards speaks for themselves, they always start even after being laid up for extended periods..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts