Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to make a run up to my favorite pizza place, Zachary's in San Ramon, when this guy in a truck kept cutting in front of me on I-680. So I punched it, and blasted past him and a few other folks. Not that I was really paying attention to the speedo, but I think I hit 100.

I saw him take an exit, and by that time I'd already gotten ahead of everybody else, so I slowed back down. Then, I see a black van speed up behind me, and BAM...blue and red lights in the grill started flashing.

Shit!

Cop (I think it was Santa Clara county sheriff) pulls me over and reads me the riot act. Asks me if I know how much that ticket would be. I didn't. Around $450 he says. I'm thinking, I don't care about the fine, because it's the points and insurance that'll kill ya!

Anyway, he asks me what possible reason I had for going so fast like an idiot, and why he shouldn't write me up right then. I told him, no reason, it was idiotic, I let the car get away from me, top down, nice day, etc, etc, etc. He handed me all my ID papers back, and said, "You need to chill out!" and walked back to the van and left.

Wow. Talk about good luck, karma, whatever you want to call it. I gotta pay that one forward. I was stupid and got lucky.

Thank God for lenient cops. He must have been a Porsche fan :)

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Same thing happened to me two weeks back. I was on my way to the airport in the Denali doing about 90 and not even feeling it. Got pulled over and he asked why I was speeding, luckily my bag was in the front seat and I told him I was on my way to airport and got a call from my sons school so I had to stop there because he was feeling sick and now I was late. Told him I knew I was wrong. The officer said he can smell my brakes but he will give me a brake. Felt really good. I am really glad you didn't get one.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
LOL you and your Pizza ;)

Lucky break! We've all been down that road before. Sometimes it's just hard not to push the cars a bit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts