Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One Bumper to Find Them,

One Bumper to Bring them all, and in the Darkness Bind them....

Sorry, got a little carried away there. We have finished the prototyping process and are going into (long-awaited) production on the LP570 front bumpers for the '04-'08. For those of you who are familiar with our LP560 front bumper you know what to expect:
  • OEM Quality Fitment
  • High-pressure Polyurethane Construction
  • OEM Quality Fitment
  • Carbon Fiber Center Splitter and all Grills Supplied
Just needs prep & paint and you're good to go.

We are moving into production at the end of this week, as you can imagine we have a backlog of pre-orders that we need to clear out but we should be delivering on new orders at around the 6 week mark. Priced at $4095.00

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The gaps look real good out of the box

·
Registered
168 Posts
Gaps and fitment are the deal maker/breaker...the 560 RSC bumper was horrible with respect to these things.
Peter

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just a quick search on the UGR website, with no effort in looking around the internet....the issue that you guys have (as you already know i'm sure) is that the LP560 front is different than the 04-08 cars. The hood on the LP560 has a slight point in the middle where it meets the bumper and the head lights are different. For those reasons, the gaps RARELY (I know of a few people that spend thousands of dollars at the body shop to get the fitment right) line up like factory when fitting the RSC front bumper. It typically fits TIGHT at both front fenders and the gap at the hood is either inconsistent across the width of the hood OR is just too big. Not trying to be rude, I want the LP570 bumper but ONLY IF these issues have been fixed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Question... a stock LP570 bumper doesn't fit on 04-08 models?
No, unfortunately (or fortunately depending upon your perspective) neither the 570 or 560 bumpers will retrofit to the earlier cars. Not without a lot of fabrication anyway. I have seen an OEM 570 bumper done, but it is several days of work easy, if not a week. You'd probably pay more than the cost of the bumper getting it to fit right.

There are differences in the mounting points, the radiator locations & ducting etc etc.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a quick search on the UGR website, with no effort in looking around the internet....the issue that you guys have (as you already know i'm sure) is that the LP560 front is different than the 04-08 cars. The hood on the LP560 has a slight point in the middle where it meets the bumper and the head lights are different. For those reasons, the gaps RARELY (I know of a few people that spend thousands of dollars at the body shop to get the fitment right) line up like factory when fitting the RSC front bumper. It typically fits TIGHT at both front fenders and the gap at the hood is either inconsistent across the width of the hood OR is just too big. Not trying to be rude, I want the LP570 bumper but ONLY IF these issues have been fixed.
Don't worry, you're not being rude at all. I appreciate feedback and discussion whether praise or criticism. We can only improve our products and improve the products' image if we have opportunities to discuss them like this one!

I have written on a few other threads on this forum and others regarding fitment. There are a few things to consider:

Firstly, we have made significant improvements to the fitment of the bumpers as time has gone on. I have seen a few of the earliest ones in person and the gradual improvements we have made over the last couple of years have really helped in achieving what I consider (and what body shop owners have referred to as) an OEM quality fitment.

Secondly, quality of fitment is important. The Gallardo bumper is aligned from the factory using shims and spacers to adjust all the gaps and it does require some fiddling to get it perfect. I have seen some terrible installs where the hood gap is verging on 1/2", and likewise, like the photo I posted of the Caelum Blue car above, I have seen some installs which look absolutely perfect, and which have been done in a 10-15 hour time window including paint. So as far as I can tell, the quality of the product were someone to purchase from us now is such that a full paint & installation should be possible for $2000 +/- depending upon your shop's rates, blending etc.

As an interesting anecdote, we recently sold a bumper to a customer who was initially surprised at the amount of work his shop had to do for fitment, but the bumper came out perfectly and his bill came out to less than $2K. A couple of weeks later I had an email from the bodyshop raving about the quality of the product and placing an order....

People clearly have different understandings & expectations about what it takes to correctly install a bumper on a hand-made car like the Gallardo, but in my opinion, the results speak for themselves. It is possible to achieve an OEM quality fitment for a reasonable cost, and from what I have seen of our new 570 bumper, fitment looks every bit as good if not better.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Very fair response....I appreciate you taking the time and agree that with some work and recent improvements he fitment does look better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts