Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I headed down to my friend Rachel's house in Portland this weekend for the Thanksgiving holiday. NEVER do that the day before Thanksgiving because what should have been a 2.5 hour drive became a 5 hour drive...it sucked. Anyway, the morning of Thanksgiving came around and randomly Rachel was like "you are so lucky that you get to ride around in nice cars all the time!" I was like "welllll I do have a friend in Portland with a pretty nice car...how long do we have until dinner?" Long story short, an hour later I was shooting an orange Murcielago Spyder at Burnside, one of the most famous skate parks in the world, and Rachel got her ride in a Lambo. We didn't have much time though as this was very last minute so this whole shoot, including location changes, happened in about 45 minutes.

Burnside by the way is that skatepark from Tony Hawk if you ever heard of that game haha ;). It was built by skateboarders under the Burnside bridge in Portland. The locals are VERY protective of this spot so anyone who I have told I shot a Murci there is blow away that it wasn't attacked with skateboards, myself included.

Anyway, you guys may remember this car from goldRush and if you are reading this, thanks again Roman and Edward for coming out! Hope you all like the shots and here they are:

2 check out the heat coming off the engine

5 Caught in action

And then one of the most thought provoking moments of my photography career happened. A seemingly homeless guy rode over on his bike to check out the car. Not surprising in and of itself but his reaction is what threw me. He didn't come over asking for money, he didn't tell us how lucky we were or how we had the easy life; he just genuinely wanted to know more about the car and tell us how much he liked it. He spent a couple minutes just walking around the car asking me questions about it. This threw me off because as anyone who drives an exotic or has been around them knows, there are a lot of haters out there. People who are way more well off then this guy that feel the need to poke and prod about where the money came from, who's car it is, and so on. I just thought it was interesting to see on a day like Thanksgiving and it made me think for a while. Anyway, back to the photos.

Burnside Skatepark

13 Lending a helping hand

So the thread title is kind of a joke but not at the same time. I am obviously thankful for more important things then Lamborghinis. Without friends and family we would be nothing. At the same time though, it is these cars that allows me to make some sort of living doing something I really love. They have also brought many of us together as friends so I think they really are something to be thankful for...even without owning one. Anyways, hope you liked the photos and happy holidays everyone!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Great pics - thats some nice work, and props to the gentleman that allowed access to that car so quickly.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Cool pics! I think this might be the same one that came to cars and coffee at Bridgeport a little bit ago.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
thanks for sharing cooper! that murci looks so badass.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
WOW thats a great car and shoot

the second pic of the guy and ambo are GREAT!!

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great pics and post dude.

The homeless man is a nice dose of reality.
Hey I think I will be back in BC next weekend for a T.I.T.S party. Not 100% sure yet but I think so.

Glad you guys like the pics

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
The skate park location is really cool. It's a spot where we've never seen an exotic car and makes for an interesting backdrop. Also, I skated when I was young and was obsessed with these cars at a young age so it also probably plays that much better with me. Great shoot and write-up. Glad you got your friend a ride too! Hope you had a Happy Holiday!

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Nicely done, is that our friends car from gR?

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
very nice. car looks great!

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nicely done, is that our friends car from gR?
So much for reading the thread ;) haha yeah dude it's Roman and Edward. Came down with a CLS 55 AMG too.

The girl I was with for Thanksgiving was the girl giving you and rolla the finger in the pic I texted you a while back :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts