Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found mold on some of my cigars. Oddly enough, it only affected the cubans I have. ALL the cubans i have -_-. Either way, I am not a happy camper. Does anyone have any advice for a mold victim here?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It must be mold... just send them my way and I'll properly dispose of them! :D

Seriously, you could have BLOOM(plume). Which is a great thing!

Do a Google search for "cigar mold vs bloom" and check out the photos.

·
Registered
178 Posts
take some pictures for us

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
pictures would help a lot. lets hope its plume, which is whitish vs mold and it also depends on how bad the mold is. in the early stages you can save them.

good luck.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, it was definitely mold. It was at the open foot of the cigars, and it was a blueish green color. There wasn't that much, so I just cut it off (too late to send pics). I took them out of the humidor and they are lying in room temperature just in case.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
ya at the open foot sucks since it gets between the layers. good job keeping them in room temp. how many was it?

i would clean out your humidor? clean it out and re-season it with 50/50 distilled water / iso p alcohol. it should kill any spores.

gl

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have pictures up soon. I just took out the mold with tweezers. I didn't want to clean my humidor or anything, just in case I might ruin it. I waited a day, and I stuck them in the humidor. So far, so good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts