21 - 40 of 963 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Breath taking!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Love this thread guys. Thanks to those who posted pics.......oh and post more! :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
great homes, and keep in mind if you build your own its not THAT costly...these things range from 200-250 a sq.ft depending on materials and textures

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
great homes, and keep in mind if you build your own its not THAT costly...these things range from 200-250 a sq.ft depending on materials and textures
There are a lot more factors... such as:

Site area, dirt work costs, foundation costs, permit costs... the material choices are only a small thing that can affect the cost of a house. Most of the homes posted in this thread would not be $200/sqft to build, they would be more, especially the ones on sloped lots, or with pools etc.

·
Registered
543 Posts
There are a lot more factors... such as:

Site area, dirt work costs, foundation costs, permit costs... the material choices are only a small thing that can affect the cost of a house. Most of the homes posted in this thread would not be $200/sqft to build, they would be more, especially the ones on sloped lots, or with pools etc.
your right I did not include those figures because they don't involve the actual home itself. if we are talking building in general with things you've stated then your looking at 450-500 a sq. land, premits, foundation, pluming, lining, inspections, facilitation cost and etc... we all know builders are a bunch of scam artists to begin with so figure in some bullshit costs.

A good friend built a very modern home in Brooklyn the entire projects ended up costing 545,000 of that. 220k went into actual home and the rest as you've stated. He did not bother building a garage he just made an overhang. (not a car guy) but he did do an integrated pool which takes up his entire backyard.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
not quite sure if it hasnt already been posted, but I'll just give it a try for my first post..

Glass House
by Nico Van Der Meulen Architects
The house is situated on a 4000 sq.m site, with a total floor area of 2500sq.m.
The owner requested a modern, glamorous, open plan, light-filled house with
views from all rooms into the garden.

Website
nicovandermeulen

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
The Luna2 Private Hotel
by David Wahl and Melanie Hall

Luna2 is a private beachfront hotel in Bali, Indonesia that has been designed
by American architect David Wahl, with interiors by owner and
interior designer Melanie Hall.