Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Mo-chica (think that's the right spelling) is an excellent peru/japanese fusion (though i hate that word) spot in a food court near downtown LA. The guy is cooking seriously but just has a space in a food court.

Very high recommendation while it's still open (believe he's looking for a real restaurant - now that he's proven his concept.)

- chuck

·
Registered
86 Posts
my favorite spots...

Jagerhaus, Anaheim (German)

Javier's, Irvine (Mexican)

Darya, Orange (Persian)

Johnny Reb's, Orange (BBQ)

Fogo De Chao, Beverly Hills (Brazilian)

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Did you like it?!

i like mine better :) i dunno if i believe the whole story but he obviously knows what he's talking about

op487062 - i'm the sarah palin of food media - rarely read anything from food mainstream press - and i'm dumb as hell :)

- chuck

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm gonna bounce this up for some everyday recommendations.

I'm headed to the Santa Ana/Huntington Beach area at the end of the month for business, so I'll have a day or two to try some SoCal restaurants.

I've read the reviews for some of the higher end restaurants, but what're some average price places to hit up? Typically, I keep my meals around $40 or so when on an expense account - so looking for some fun places with good cuisine to go with a few non-foodie coworkers (while I'd love to hit up some of the fine dining places, I know the rest of the group wont go for it).

I added Rusty Pelican to the list, as it was mentioned earlier, and I know Duke's is a good tourist trap place. Any other fun, local spots worth checking out?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

I'm headed to the Santa Ana/Huntington Beach area at the end of the month for business, so I'll have a day or two to try some SoCal restaurants.

I've read the reviews for some of the higher end restaurants, but what're some average price places to hit up? Typically, I keep my meals around $40 or so when on an expense account - so looking for some fun places with good cuisine to go with a few non-foodie coworkers (while I'd love to hit up some of the fine dining places, I know the rest of the group wont go for it).

I added Rusty Pelican to the list, as it was mentioned earlier, and I know Duke's is a good tourist trap place. Any other fun, local spots worth checking out?
if you're not from california, you have to try some mexican food restaurants. unfortunately, because i don't live near orange county, i can't recommend any off the top of my head--maybe las brisas in laguna beach?

otherwise, i'd recommend manpuku or ikka in costa mesa if you like japanese.

·
Registered
569 Posts
if you're not from california, you have to try some mexican food restaurants. unfortunately, because i don't live near orange county, i can't recommend any off the top of my head--maybe las brisas in laguna beach?

otherwise, i'd recommend manpuku or ikka in costa mesa if you like japanese.
Will try out the mexican restaurants while I'm there - I saw in an Off-Topic thread that someone mentioned Fred's Mexican Cafe in Huntington Beach as a good one to try.

My coworkers unfortunately don't like sushi, that was the first thing I'd asked him when we were talking about where to eat on the trip. I may have to snag a meal or two without them, as I'm getting the impression that they aren't too adventurous at all with food; I ate at a few good ones last time I was out that way on my own.

·
Registered
197 Posts

My personal opinion is that Rusty Pelican is just OK, the only thing truly memorable from that restaurant was their appetizer bread, it is pretty damn good though and worth trying the restaurant just for that.

I'd recommend Javier's in OC. I think you'll have a good time there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mastros - my favorite location is the one by South Coast Plaza.
Marche Moderne - South Coast Plaza
Mascarpones - favorite italian place. Located in Orange and family owned.
Citrus City Grille - Orange
Gulfstream - Corona Del mar
Bungalow - CDM
Banderas - CDM
Eat Chow - Newport
The Winery - Tustin

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Will try out the mexican restaurants while I'm there - I saw in an Off-Topic thread that someone mentioned Fred's Mexican Cafe in Huntington Beach as a good one to try.

My coworkers unfortunately don't like sushi, that was the first thing I'd asked him when we were talking about where to eat on the trip. I may have to snag a meal or two without them, as I'm getting the impression that they aren't too adventurous at all with food; I ate at a few good ones last time I was out that way on my own.
Hit up javiers in newport. It's not the best mexican food but it never disappoints with quality. :)

Theres a dope ass italian place in huntington. Forgot the name though

41 - 60 of 80 Posts