21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I like Katsuya, Cut, Mr Chows, Crustacean, Javiers (oc) , Bazaar
thx for the suggestions :bow1:

anon said:
Roady's Cafe in old town San Dimas, kick ass old school diner type joint, best $5 breakfast anywhere.
i like the sound of it, i shuld check it out

·
Registered
103 Posts
Very true on the cafe-o being a nice stop by spot.

I heard of another hookah/restaraunt in glendale but i forgot the name, i think its on brand, but im not sure.. I heard its really fancy, so im sure itll be a nice place to take a girl

Kaffe Rouge has a real nice VIP spot on 3rd level, has beds and its very nice place to chill

Ya before it became Zahle it was called Aquraium , i think oceans hookah and food is goood. i enjoy it
maybe phoenicia? on central

·
Registered
527 Posts
Porterhouse Bistro in Beverly Hills 2 blocks from N La Cienega for steak.

Katana on Sunset Blvd is one of my favorite spots for Japanese food.

Will add more later...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Urasawa - best sushi

Secret beef place - best beef

Providence - best (cooked) seafod

Mozza - best pizza

Il Grano - best pasta / italian

- chuck
Chuck,

I'm raising a topic from the past...

Above you mentioned "Secret beef place". Could you let me know where this is?

I actually went to some hole in the wall somewhere in LA, ran by japanese people. Definitely a unique place to eat as the appearance from the outside would easily deter anyone from actually wanting to walk in. When you actually get in however, it's definitely one of those "secret" places that just shines with their cooking techniques.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Chuck,

I'm raising a topic from the past...

Above you mentioned "Secret beef place". Could you let me know where this is?

I actually went to some hole in the wall somewhere in LA, ran by japanese people. Definitely a unique place to eat as the appearance from the outside would easily deter anyone from actually wanting to walk in. When you actually get in however, it's definitely one of those "secret" places that just shines with their cooking techniques.

it's on Pico - is that the place?

i'll add one to the list: Georges Modern in La Jolla is one of the most impressive restaurants in America - really surprised - topic of my last blog article: ChuckEats Georges California Modern (La Jolla, CA) – Of the Place

- chuck

Reactions: Race Minded

·
Registered
318 Posts
it's on Pico - is that the place?

i'll add one to the list: Georges Modern in La Jolla is one of the most impressive restaurants in America - really surprised - topic of my last blog article: ChuckEats Georges California Modern (La Jolla, CA) – Of the Place

- chuck
Chuck, yep that's the one. On Pico. I remember the windows were gated up or the curtains drawn or something. Basically you couldn't see inside.

What was that place called again? I lost touch and wouldn't mind going back. It's been at least 8~9 years since I was there. Are they still around?

·
5,744 Posts
There are a select few people on L4P that are "go to's" for certain things. Chuck is THEE go to for food/restaurants.

-Markus-

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
op48 & easy8 - glad you got try it. i went about 2 months ago and, after about 1.5 year absence, it was better than i remembered. the meat has a texture unlike any other i've had - not wagyu soft but just enough bite & presence - great stuff!

for everyone else, here's the place: Totoraku - West Los Angeles - Los Angeles, CA

note 1 - you CAN NOT get in unless you go w/ a regular. please don't call the poor guy - he won't let you in.

note 2 - i suspect many of those reviewers did not actually go to the restaurant - yelp pretenders as usual.

note 3 - it looks like i'll be in LA more often than in the past - so when i have more visibility, i'll try to set something up for 7-8 people max. AG Surfer is first in line - i've owed him a visit for too long.

(and thanks TechArt!)

- chuck

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just saw your 458 thread, and the view alone has that now on my list. If the GF and I work things out, I want to stay a day or two.

-Markus-
You will never regret it. The Montage Resort is one of the best kept secrets in Southern California.

If you do plan to come, let me know. I often have special deal codes for locals.

Have a great Thanksgiving Day brother.

·
5,744 Posts
You will never regret it. The Montage Resort is one of the best kept secrets in Southern California.

If you do plan to come, let me know. I often have special deal codes for locals.

Have a great Thanksgiving Day brother.
I absolutely will. Thanks so much, Barrister.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

-Markus-

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Anyone every go to urban solace in San Diego? It is off of 30th and University. Without question one of So Cal's best.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Went to Mastro's Ocean Club in Newport Beach (same parking lot as Javier's) and would recommend it to some of our older members. I took a date there and we were the only people under 35. Some highlights:

I ordered a martini and the waiter left the martini shaker with another 3/4 of a full glass left in it. This is normal protocol.

Cream corn is an amazing side, definitely order it.

Steak was good for a steakhouse, definitely above average. But, make sure you order it cooked one level "rawer" than you normally would. I like mine medium, so I ordered medium-rare and it came out perfect.

Sorbet for desert (she wanted it, not me...) was overrated.

Overall I would recommend this place to some of our older members, expect to spend about $100/person.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts