Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The fourth concept released by Lotus today previews a replacement model for the current Lotus Elise. Another 2 seater, mid-engined, rear wheel drive sports car, the Elise will be the entry-level model for the English brand by the time it comes out in 2015.

A 2.0 litre four-cylinder petrol engine with a start/stop option is fitted to this car. It produces 320 hp strapped to the Elise’s 1,095 kg chassis. This is enough for a 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in just 4.3 seconds and a top speed of 270 km/h (168 mph).

Read more & see 6 more high-res pictures!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've thought that Lotus had done some really stupid stuff with concepts before, but THIS, THIS is an outrage and by FAR the stupidest concept from them. THIS IS NOT A LOTUS, THIS IS NOT AN ELISE. They need to check their heads.

But I think the new Esprit and Elite are pretty nice.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Looks weird now but with the speed the auto industry is progressing, i could very much see something like this 5 years from now

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't know man. I'm not a huge lotus fan but I'm disappointed. The new Elise just looks awful. The cockpit looks like it's in the wrong place compared to the rest of the body. The rear looks too short and the whole design is just awkward looking. I think a lot of the hardcore lotus fans are gonna have issue with this.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like it and I think it makes sense. There are a lot of people out there who want an elise, who can afford an elise, but they need a daily driver, too. The new elise will be that car, an relatively inexpensive daily driver/track toy. And if you think they won't come out with a stripped down, hardcore race version, you're insane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts