·
Registered
7,271 Posts
Kimi got paid and then told them to F'off by not driving the last 2 races

LOL

·
Registered
448 Posts
The answer is very simple, it cost too much for them; that is why there is no BMW, Toyota, Porsche owned by VW as well, only Mercedes, Renault, ferrari and the return of Honda soon.
Honda is only returning as an engine supplier for McLaren correct?

·
5,744 Posts
Honda is only returning as an engine supplier for McLaren correct?
Correct, in 2015. The deal was signed late, and Honda didn't feel comfortable with a product with such a low amount of development time. 2014, Mclaren will run Mercs powerplant.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Why is Honda not returning as a f1 team? I don't follow f1 closely, but I thought they were generally successful?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
When they were with McLaren as an engine supplier back in the day, they were very successful. When they came back with their own cars (BAR Honda) they didn't have much success and the heads at Honda grew tired of spending hundreds of millions of dollars for "nothing" The team was sold to Ross Brawn and promptly won the championship when he found the loop hole in the rules allowing for a double diffuser. That team became what is now the Mercedes team.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
The cost of a F1, team is very expensive, plus there are other motorsports which cost less. Just look at Porche (VM) in Le Mans etc.
Why is Honda not returning as a f1 team? I don't follow f1 closely, but I thought they were generally successful?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
The cost of a F1, team is very expensive, plus there are other motorsports which cost less. Just look at Porche (VM) in Le Mans etc.
Not to mention their MotoGP team costs them a dickload.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

121 - 128 of 128 Posts