Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm new here and am trying to get some information on the regulations for 4x4 in the UAE. I have a really unique vehicle that was custom built from the ground up and doesn't have the normal configurations of a 4x4, so I want to make sure it is usable, particularly in the Dubai area. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I know nothing about regulations but I would like to see pictures of said vehicle if you have any. I'm assuming it is the one in your avatar?

Also, Welcome to the 4.

·
Registered
913 Posts
HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING. Are you preparing for an apocalypse or zombie outbreak or something? I can't help you with your question, but good luck and welcome to the 4.

·
Registered
553 Posts
There are no rules :p

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Dubai is known for it's unique vehicles. I wouldn't be driving that in the city but in the desert it's fair game, no one will tell you anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING. Are you preparing for an apocalypse or zombie outbreak or something? I can't help you with your question, but good luck and welcome to the 4.
Hmm, never thought in terms of zombies or apocalypse...but I'll add that to the list! No, we used to race pro monster trucks, so normally 4x4 just wouldn't work :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dubai is known for it's unique vehicles. I wouldn't be driving that in the city but in the desert it's fair game, no one will tell you anything.
Yeah I didn't really plan on driving it in the city...can't afford to run over a Bugatti or two, although it would probably make for a good picture. Good to know that it doesn't seem like there are too many regulations. YAY!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live in dubai, to say your car is modified a bit to extreme. You'd need to personally get a permission to drive that car around the CITY. On the other hand in the Desert you can drive it all day; no problems with that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't you have to have a special licence and insurance for desert driving?

Probably ask one of the desert safari companies for info, a lot of them hit the dunes near Hatta.

If you're turning that into a biz, shoot me a PM! looks like a lot of fun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will check with one of the companies. That is a great idea, thanks! Probably not going to do a business over there, but perhaps. We will see how it rides in the dunes!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts