Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wanted to share an event with you guys that's a very worthy cause and very important to me. It's called Toy Jam and it's put on by the Southern California New Beetle Club and Timmons Volkswagen in Long Beach, CA. You can find out all the nitty gritty details at ToyJam.org

This event is put on by a close friend of mine and is in it's 9th year. I have been able to attend most of these and it is one of my favorite events of the year.

The group gets together to bring toys and other donations to Miller Children's Hospital. The group meets in the morning at Timmons VW for a raffle (I hear there are some great prizes this year) and all of the raffle proceeds go directly to the hospital.

In years past, I would drive out from Utah and fill my car with toys, but this year, I'm going to fly so I'm trying to raise as much money for the event as I can.

I set up the following site to make it so that people can donate online if they choose to.

https://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/1785

Mods, please let me know if it is not ok to post this site and I can remove it if needed.

I'd love to get as much for Miller as we can or even if you just want to come out and bring some toys and help brighten these kids lives, that would be fantastic as well!

Thank you all in advance and I hope to see some of you there!

D!

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
Cool stuff! You can count on the 4 Family supporting this. My little cousin goes there. If it weren't for this Hospital she wouldn't be here. Much respect. :bow1:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Def. supporting this as well. If I am all done with my littile surprise project by then I will absolutly make it out there......

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump.

I'm 1/4 of the way to my donation goal for this event. Please help if you can.

:bow1:

D!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A little over a week until the event!

Who's in?

Still time to donate if you choose. Either money to the link in the first post, or you can get the address to send product for the raffle off of the ToyJam.org site. These are mainly New Beetle owners, but are also car peeps.

If you choose to support, I thank you from the bottom of my heart in advance. If you are showing up, I can't wait to meet you!

I'll wear an L4P shirt so if you come, find me and say hello!

D!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Almost half way to my goal of $1000 to donate to this event!

Thanks to all who have donated!!

Spread the word!!

D!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The parade will be all New Beetles. Anyone is welcome and I'm sure an exotic would be allowed to join in. Send an email to the organizer. His contact info should be on toyjam.org.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only 5 days until the event!!

Hope to see some of you there, and hope to see some of you join in with a donation to this wonderful cause!

I fly out on Wednesday night, so this will be my last reminder until the event.

Please help if you can!

Thanks in advance!

D!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts