Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this lighting effect on other pictures and decided to try it out last night.

·
Registered
897 Posts
thats pretty sick i would love that on one of my pics!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Me as well if anyone could do that plz pm me

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the first one!

Any insight on how to do that? pm me if you would prefer ;)

Thanks
Set your camera to TV mode (shutter priority) and slow it down to 30 seconds. Turn off all the lights and run around with a flash light illuminating what you want to highlight. Do this by shinning the light on your subject and be careful not to shine it directly at the camera. Then cover the light and reveal it directly to the camera at the start point of your desired light trail. Move it slowly, keeping the light directed toward the camera. Note that I used a tactical police light with the lowest setting in the flood position. I was also using my Canon T1i with the standard 18-55 kit lens. Thanks for the compliments...

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^^ Anytime. I'm going to try this on my Range Rover and see how it comes out.

·
Registered
897 Posts
thanks for sharing^^

·
Registered
17 Posts
Because of the long exposure, the camera doesn't really pick you up unless you end up getting light on yourself. After a few tries it gets pretty easy. I've yet to try this seriously, but I've played with it a bit.

Nice shots btw.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
looks cool as hell IMO

·
Registered
366 Posts
Because of the long exposure, the camera doesn't really pick you up unless you end up getting light on yourself. After a few tries it gets pretty easy. I've yet to try this seriously, but I've played with it a bit.

Nice shots btw.
You can generally create some pretty neat pictures by finding the right balance between yourself being visible and invisible. By holding the light just right and standing in one place for just long enough, you can make it look like your ghosted into the picture. Even cooler if you do it in more than one spot. Similar to this-

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
id u have to photoshop yourself out of the photo ? or are you saying you used the light like a laser pointer to get this effect?
No photoshop. As long as you keep your body moving and avoid direct light from your light source then you won't show up in the photo. This is really easy to do and after a few photos you'll see how to position your light to get the effect you want.

You can generally create some pretty neat pictures by finding the right balance between yourself being visible and invisible. By holding the light just right and standing in one place for just long enough, you can make it look like your ghosted into the picture. Even cooler if you do it in more than one spot. Similar to this-
I'm going to try that next.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts