Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I'm looking to expand my suit collection. Right now it is completely Brooks Brothers, albeit a varied collection of Brooks styles. (Black Fleece, Golden Fleece, Madison, and Regent).

Here's the difficulty. Right now most suits are cut in the slim European style. I am not this, nor do i like it. I'm a built guy with a broad chest and big shoulders. obviously i have all of my suits tailored after purchase, but even after tailoring i still can't quiet seem to achieve the look i want. Most of the suits i buy end up leaving, imo, excess material around my lower torso for the presumed beer gut i do not have. I understand that there are limitations to tailoring to maintain the integrity of the suit, but i'm looking for alternatives.

So, i figure it's time for a change of pace brand wise. Let me know what your recommendations are. rough price limit is $1,800-2k

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Armani and Boss. I dont know where you live but they come out from the factory and measure you and make custom. Thats how I get all mine. Check with your local Saks Fifth, they can arrange it. Armani maybe around 2k or a little more and Boss def 1800 should do.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The first thought that came to my mind is Zegna (since I will be working there in about a week and a half). Another brand would be Ralph Lauren. The only 'slim fitted' suit they have would be the Black Label collection. So if you go with their Blue Label, or even Purple label, it would most likely be a more relaxed fit, and still looks good! If you have a RL factory store (outlet) around ya, definitely check it out.

Made to measure is the way to go. You can always get custom suits if you do not like all the branded stuff through a local tailor for cheaper. It would also always be exactly what you want.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Zegna suits are no where near 2k neither are the purple label.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Zegna suits are no where near 2k neither are the purple label.
For some reason I missed that part, sorry!

I would say the best way would be made to measure like Raw said. Going through a designer or just a tailor would both be the way to go. I've known people who made suits through a tailor in Hong Kong or Thailand after giving them their measurements, they just ship the suits over. These suits can run from 500 and up!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
for big guys....you might have to fork up a bit and get purple label....even the bespoke armani, bb, or even zegna does not fit as well as bespoke pb suits...only complain is that some of their pinstripes make me look like I am a wanna be gotti.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I'm pretty sure Brooks Brothers suits aren't slim cut? At least mine isn't :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts