Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been talking to these people at my local markets My USA Property - The local experts in USA property
They make it sound like its a foolproof money making activity for Australians to buy USA properties.
Does anyone know of any people from different countries having success with this .
I have no idea of what are good areas in the US to buy ,once knew a guy who was ex Nato he returned to the US after 30 or so years here .He had to ask family and friends of what places where good to live as some places had become ghettos and full of crime.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Of course its viable
Wire transfer the cash in prior to closing, then close & assign a property manager (if you're looking to cash flow) and you're golden.
I have represented several international investors purchasing in the USA. Not one problem.
Look for hard hit real estate markets and a proper Buyer's agent.

I'm a bit biased of course, but I think Nevada is a gold mine when it comes to real estate investments :D

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have sold properties to out of town, out of state and out of country investors. Nothing in a market is "foolproof". You can however minimize your losses by purchasing properties in stable areas that are growing from an economic standpoint. If you are going to buy you will have to hold the properties to make money and not be gambling heavily.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Since you're an Aussie, you might know who Kyle Sandilands is...he is not a US resident but now has a house in Beverly Hills

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The way the US property market has been portrayed here by the television media is that there are large areas of housing vacant, parts of Las Vegas were used as an example showing streets of empty houses.

Houses geting robbed of copper wiring light fittings ovens, of course the media always focuses on the negative and blows things out of proportion.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Pm me your email address and I will send you an accurate and detailed email of the market statistics in Reno, NV. (On Monday)

If you would like that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree Las Vegas is a great money making opertunity right now. If you can just hold out. Im hoping to buy a house there in about 5 years. When Im done working on my property in Texas. Its not a place to go for local jobs, but if you have cash... I know personally Houses (pre 2007) that sold for 250k new that cant even sell for 60k right now.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I bought a lakefront property in northern Washington in 2008 when I was living in Canada. I'm Canadian, it's been great. I've since moved to Seattle, bought another place but we still have the lake house.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If your going to make a +50k investment in real estate, spend the 2 or 3k to take a flight out and check out the areas, if you do a run around the city with a real estate agent you can get info on the average prices in each area and how much you can rent the properties for...also it will help with knowing what type of area you are buying in

·
Registered
12 Posts
If your going to make a +50k investment in real estate, spend the 2 or 3k to take a flight out and check out the areas, if you do a run around the city with a real estate agent you can get info on the average prices in each area and how much you can rent the properties for...also it will help with knowing what type of area you are buying in

Good advice, and of course, use the internet to do some market research. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts