Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Kyle Stults

It’s almost Munichtime and what better place for Glashutte-based Nomos to unveil its new Lux series. The Lux — its intended inspiration is the Latin word for “light” — features avant-garde design with a very simple dial. It could also be viewed as “Lux” for “luxury” because the watch is a clear move to a higher level of finish and price point for a brand which has until now produced nice-but-not-lavish steel watches. There is a nicely finished in-house manual wind caliber, and the watch comes on a hand-sewn Horoween shell cordovan strap.

40.5mm x 36mm white gold case, slightly curved sapphire glass, hand-wind caliber DW 2002 (84 hrs power reserve, double barrel, hand engraved balance cock)

The in-house DUW caliber (“Deutsche Uhrenwerke NOMOS Glashütte”) has been around since 2006; it represents the high-end of Nomos movements and in the Lux it is nicely finished and visible through the caseback.

Now about that price. As I said above, this is a step-up for Nomos, which really is an understatement — the Lux will retail at $20,500 (either color). Of course this puts Nomos into a intensely competitive price range with the titans of industry. A such, it will be interesting to see how these pieces actually sell. Either way, the Lux is a watch than can be admired for its inherent beauty and contemporary design.

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You've gotten mighty snobby Capital. Lol. A Swatch? You need to focus on that movement for a few more seconds. I will say I think it needs a price adjustment. A little high IMO especially since they are not regarded as a high end watch company.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Did not expect it to be priced so high. It's a nice watch, just not 20k nice.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Very nice watch, and a very steep price tag. I love how it's so simple on the face but very complicated when you dig deeper.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That's a great looking movement, but at that $$, a Calatrava is by far a better buy. Just like Reese said, they better start discounting these bad boys. Even at a steep discount, too much mulah.

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think deep discount send the wrong message. It says your stuff don't sell, to high, not that good, competition is better etc. From a business standpoint I would rethink the msrp as opposed to having to do heavy discounts in order to sell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts