Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
...and we don't have the tech now that we will in 50 years.
while this is also true, the government is making it more difficult for vehicles of this type performance to be road legal. I doubt a production car that could hit 300 mph would be legal on any road (excluding the middle east). Emissions are going up, safety is also and it makes it more difficult to create something of that power needed to achieve those speeds and especially with aerodynamics. It would look like a space ship or hotrod dragster. Besides, like the great Enzo Ferrari said, "Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." Of course, he never saw a production car faster than the F40 which only hit 200 mph.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I'd like Bugatti to actually work more on a compliment car against say the R8 V10/Gallardo/458. They can make their next hyper car whatever it may be, but also a much cheaper, everyday daily driver vehicle with styling cues from the EB110.

In short, a modern day EB110 around $250-$300K.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'd like Bugatti to actually work more on a compliment car against say the R8 V10/Gallardo/458. They can make their next hyper car whatever it may be, but also a much cheaper, everyday daily driver vehicle with styling cues from the EB110.

In short, a modern day EB110 around $250-$300K.
My thoughts were similar. I think they have raised the bar to a level that is pointless to exceed.

McLaren came out with the F1, and the cheaper, less powerful MP4 12C is doing quite well.

Chris

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
McLaren came out with the F1, and the cheaper, less powerful MP4 12C is doing quite well.
Chris
I was about to point that out as well.

I find even Ferrari has focused on more mass produced cars over a Halo car F40/50/Enzo which makes sense from a pure business stand point. And by "mass produced", we're not talking Toyota levels here.

I'm not saying Halo cars shouldn't be done, but they understand from a profit point of view of what must be done. Even apparently VW/Bugatti was losing money for every Veyron they produced and sold - it was an exercise of what could be done with human design, technology, innovation, R&D, and very deep pockets - let's leave it at that.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts