Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a card in the mail HH is discontinued and I will be receiving issues of automobile magazine and its place to fill my subscription.
I am so disappointed! I love heavy hitters magazine since the beginning and I think it's going to be a great loss for all of us.

·
Registered
237 Posts
the last issue with the cover of Liberty Walk widebody 458 wasn't that great, but nonetheless their articles are still more interesting than ever other magazine on the stand right now. Sucks that they shut down

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
No way!!!! I have a whole stack of em next to me right now! It's the one mag I look for at the stores. Just not enough sales?

Damn....I really wanted to be featured one day.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I'm not going to miss it. I thought there was not enough emphasis on the great cars out there and too much chatter from car owners. They all sounded the same with the same advise, work hard and make a plan to have success. No real information about how they achieved. No tips on what moves to make just generalities about working hard. As if we didn't know that.

Since the interviews were useless, put the focus on the cars. It's a car mag.

I won't miss it at all.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I saw the same message but surprisingly a new issue was available for download after the liberty walk issue. Think it has the blue yellow Porsche on the front. I'm honestly confused I don't know if they are done or not... I feel like they would write a piece in the mag if so

·
Registered
306 Posts
I saw the same message but surprisingly a new issue was available for download after the liberty walk issue. Think it has the blue yellow Porsche on the front. I'm honestly confused I don't know if they are done or not... I feel like they would write a piece in the mag if so
Pretty sure I heard through the grapevine they're done. It's a shame to see them go

To your other point though, there would only in the rarest of cases be a see ya later notice in an actual print issue.

I work in magazines and I've been a part of two that have folded. There's no warning and then when it's over its OVER. Both times we were right at our deadlines on these respective mags and we were all sat down and told it was done. Everything we were working on was tossed out and never published the issues we were working on never saw the light of day.

The little postcard detailing what mag will replace them in your subscription is about all the notice they give... but seeing a good bye letter letter from the editor which would be a great sentiment to readers and fans just won't happen. Once they decide it's over there's zero reason to spend the money to print a final issue.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
As of about three-four months ago, I kept trying to get in contact with John J. about HH, sending them in material. I know that they often reach out to who they choose to feature, but I wanted to get featured, at least eventually--hoping to as a sort of personal goal. Content seemed to be hit-and-miss from issue to issue, but I hate to see HH go.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As of about three-four months ago, I kept trying to get in contact with John J. about HH, sending them in material. I know that they often reach out to who they choose to feature, but I wanted to get featured, at least eventually--hoping to as a sort of personal goal. Content seemed to be hit-and-miss from issue to issue, but I hate to see HH go.
I emailed him a few times also but no response. I wanted to reciprocate for the article he did on me and wanted to run advertising campaigns for 2 of my businesses.
I couldn't figure out why no response!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts