Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title states there is no 1 click up on windows on 2014 G63? Only 1 click down? Anyone done a mod or anything? Call me lazy but I like this feature.

Thanks,

·
Registered
114 Posts
As title states there is no 1 click up on windows on 2014 G63? Only 1 click down? Anyone done a mod or anything? Call me lazy but I like this feature.

Thanks,
I noticed that on ours too. When you click it up you feel the switch has two clicks so you assume the windows will go up on their own but they don't. It's weird that this feature isn't enabled.

·
Registered
230 Posts
maybe you need to caliber them, 2nd click hold until you hear stop electric motor working, than its calibrated...

you also need to do that with a roof and all other windows when you remove battery... :wink:

·
Registered
116 Posts
What I was told was there wasn't enough space for the pinch sensors, thus no 1-click up. It's annoying but you get used to it eventually

·
Registered
193 Posts
What I was told was there wasn't enough space for the pinch sensors, thus no 1-click up. It's annoying but you get used to it eventually
Not enough space, dammit MBZ! On a flagship SUV model too. :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I guess that's what you get when they keeping stuffing modern parts in a truck that they haven't changed in 17 years. The new chassis and body is coming out in 2016 and I am sure that all that stuff will be updated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This would make sense to me.... but damn slightly annoying. Oh well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess that's what you get when they keeping stuffing modern parts in a truck that they haven't changed in 17 years. The new chassis and body is coming out in 2016 and I am sure that all that stuff will be updated.
2016 They are??? Source? Any info released? Guess I better sell mine within the year ha.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You sure about that neshmn? Does yours do 1 click up?
On all mercedes s i have driven 7-8 old and new, they have 2 click windows button.. that is how its done...

Check the manual....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Fed up with the lack of features on the G63, so i swapped it for an S63 coupe, which should be coming in 3 months.

There is definitely no 1-click up. Only down!

Reactions: ZAone

·
Registered
131 Posts
On all mercedes s i have driven 7-8 old and new, they have 2 click windows button.. that is how its done...

Check the manual....
G is a different animal.

Most of the interior parts on the Gs are from the C class, thus the second click on the switch.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The current generation Cs have one click down and up and until recently it was the cheapest car they offered, so why they would not include this functionality on the G seems strange.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The current generation Cs have one click down and up and until recently it was the cheapest car they offered, so why they would not include this functionality on the G seems strange.
There from a first year c-class (2001 i think) they've slowly been changing certain things like nav etc. But not everything. They were going to drop the model few years ago, but i guess they got enough complaints/demand because they kept it. But only on a special order basis.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There are no "pinch sensors" in any windows, they monitor amp draw on the motors. As far as I know, the G has never had auto up, no idea why.

There from a first year c-class (2001 i think) they've slowly been changing certain things like nav etc. But not everything. They were going to drop the model few years ago, but i guess they got enough complaints/demand because they kept it. But only on a special order basis.
The 13+ model has newer switches, but they're still C class. They are still a normal model, no special order needed. We have a 14 on the lot right now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There are no "pinch sensors" in any windows, they monitor amp draw on the motors. As far as I know, the G has never had auto up, no idea why.

The 13+ model has newer switches, but they're still C class. They are still a normal model, no special order needed. We have a 14 on the lot right now.
If that's the case, same concept. It's still essentially a sensor. If you have one on the lot, assume that means you can ask someone in corporate?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts