Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Both are impressive, though the C6Z is still undercutting both time-wise. I like GM, but they have long used the "performance" label to sell vehicles geared towards retired white men (extra hp stock + overpriced. i.e. Z/28). Anyone with the intent to track GM-wise won't spend $70K, when they could go $27K C6 + $10K on top, or something of that nature.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A 2009 GTR is 10sec faster around the Nurburgring then the Z/28. Just sayin. Interesting car regardless, not for 75k though imo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
The 09 GTR is also mysteriously 5 seconds faster than the 2011 GTR on the Nurburgring as well.

There are too many inconsistencies with the Nurburgring, different cars, different drivers, different years in between runs etc.. This test was at least done on the same day same conditions and same driver.

if both cars were available in 09 for 70k, I would have taken the GTR, because... well its a GTR and 70k for a camaro sounds crazy....

but today? 100k for a base model GTR? well that is sounding pretty crazy to me now

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Watched the whole video since they shot it 10 minutes from my house at Barber and 10 minutes from my other house at the Alabama drag strip. :D

I've raced at Barber and you can literally snap your neck if you're not paying attention.

Props to Chevy for finally breaking the barrier and not detuning a Camaro engine to keep Vette fans happy.

I was not surprised about the drag strip performance but shocked at road course results.

I just don't like how fat the new Camaro looks compared to the 67'. And I'm not paying $100,000 for anything that doesn't have a roof, bedrooms and a front yard.

Still getting the Porsche 997 Turbo. Thanks for trying!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts