Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Leaked photos shown here are being reported as the new Nissan GT-R Nismo, set to debut officially this week in Tokyo.

nissan-gt-r-nismo-leaked-2Reports suggest the car will make 585 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque, which is a 50 hp increase over the normal GT-R and an added 27 lb-ft of torque. The power increases come thanks to a larger turbochager along with a beefed up intake and exhaust system.

It also gets grippier Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT tires and there will be an optional track package meant to further enhance handling with revisions aimed at lowering the car’s Nurburgring lap time. The package is composed of carbon fiber aerodynamic enhancements that also help shed roughly 143 lbs.

Expect official information from Nissan, soon to be reported during AutoGuide’s live coverage from the show floor.
See more Nissan GT-R NISMO photos at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
545 Posts
I bet The team here at work can get more BHP out of it on Stage 1 :whistle:

·
Registered
545 Posts
That is true but we can always get more HP From what's already there.
No doubt that stage 2 and 3 will be great WHP increases.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
this 143lb reduction is bullshit. they yanked out over 200lbs from the 458 for the new version they can certainly do better here.....

·
Registered
712 Posts
this 143lb reduction is bullshit. they yanked out over 200lbs from the 458 for the new version they can certainly do better here.....
I agree.

If those numbers are accurate, I find it hard to see how they could've (alledgedly) shaved 20sec off of their Ring time.. Going from low-ish 7'mins to high 6's requires a hell of a lot of work. Is it possible to do that with some aerobits, new tires and a small power bump + other odds and ends?

·
Registered
276 Posts
This car ran a 7.08.69 at the famous ring so they are off to a great start with this nismo...it will only get better once they dial it in ! An early 2015 looks to be the launch date so this might be my new daily if it comes in under 200k

·
Registered
249 Posts
as much as the spoiler helps the lap time.. i could do without it. looks stupid as hell just like the c63 black

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Somebody else needs to come out with a car to compete with the gtr. The 911tt is a completely diff car and purpose even tho specs are similar. Acura Lexus Mazda somebody make something 500hp red and 60-90k it will sell like crazy for those that can't stretch a gtr or don't want an heavy ass car

·
Registered
625 Posts
So how is this worth 150k?
In order to shave that much time off with such a minor bump in horsepower shows they did something dramatic somewhere and whatever it is, Nissan thinks it's worth $50k. . . . . . but I don't.

At $150k it's still a bargain for pure performance numbers but the build quality of the car, as a whole, falls short at that price point.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Somebody else needs to come out with a car to compete with the gtr. The 911tt is a completely diff car and purpose even tho specs are similar. Acura Lexus Mazda somebody make something 500hp red and 60-90k it will sell like crazy for those that can't stretch a gtr or don't want an heavy ass car
sell between 60-90k and 500hp???

not sure if i'd want that car given current market prices/performance. it would ride like crap and who knows how long it would last. there just isn't much demand for japanese cars in that price range

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Z06 has been doing it for ages. M5s are 90 all the m3s and amgs...... the maps van absolutely stick make a Honda s2000 nsx v8 hybrid mash up for that price

·
Registered
712 Posts
I thought the stock one did the Ring in 7.18? Guess I was wrong.. still, 7.08 is a very impressive time. I'd take a standard one over this one though..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts