Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
So it has the same engine with about 15 extra horsepower as the previous gen. You can get more than that out of an ECU tune in the previous gen and save thousands on buying this piece of shit. Trash. The M division is dead, fvck you BMW

·
Registered
545 Posts
So it has the same engine with about 15 extra horsepower as the previous gen. You can get more than that out of an ECU tune in the previous gen and save thousands on buying this piece of shit. Trash. The M division is dead, fvck you BMW
They're not going to make an entirely new engine just for the SUV's, there's literally no point. Also the new X6M is supposed to be as fast as the E92 M3 around the 'ring; so much for the M division being dead.

Old gen was much nicer imo
E71 X6M

F16 X6M

·
Registered
193 Posts
They're not going to make an entirely new engine just for the SUV's, there's literally no point. Also the new X6M is supposed to be as fast as the E92 M3 around the 'ring; so much for the M division being dead.
I don't care if it was a new engine or a spruced up version of another, 15 extra hp and the exact same engine from the previous gen model is a fvcking insult. Having the same lap time as a car they made 7 years ago, regardless of it being a coupe, is also fvcking insulting. The M division died when they put turbos in the cars.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't care if it was a new engine or a spruced up version of another, 15 extra hp and the exact same engine from the previous gen model is a fvcking insult. Having the same lap time as a car they made 7 years ago, regardless of it being a coupe, is also fvcking insulting. The M division died when they put turbos in the cars.
Wow, SMH. You have the expectations of a spoiled child.

BMW, or any car company for that matter, isn't going to develop a performance engine JUST so they can have something new for their niche market SUV's. The R&D costs would be insane for such a small payout. The reason the power increase is small is because having a 4.4L high output V8 be reliable in a 5000lb+ truck isn't as easy as you think. This engine is the best BMW motor for these SUV's and they know that.

And sorry, but the X6M weighs a good 1500lbs more than the E92 M3 and can get the same lap time as it. That is an achievement if there every was one. These are fantastic SUV's, faster than their predecessors and faster than any other SUV on the market.

You can complain all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that BMW knocked it out of the park.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow, SMH. You have the expectations of a spoiled child.

BMW, or any car company for that matter, isn't going to develop a performance engine JUST so they can have something new for their niche market SUV's. The R&D costs would be insane for such a small payout. The reason the power increase is small is because having a 4.4L high output V8 be reliable in a 5000lb+ truck isn't as easy as you think. This engine is the best BMW motor for these SUV's and they know that.

And sorry, but the X6M weighs a good 1500lbs more than the E92 M3 and can get the same lap time as it. That is an achievement if there every was one. These are fantastic SUV's, faster than their predecessors and faster than any other SUV on the market.

You can complain all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that BMW knocked it out of the park.
I guess I'm just used to BMW taking 100HP jumps from generation to generation. This stems back to the f10 M5 which only got a 60hp increase and a major downgrade of an engine from its' predecessor, I consider turbos cheating so by shoving two of them into a smaller engine and saying "we made a faster car!", really doesn't do it for me. Say all you want, I don't really give a $hit about your opinion anyway regardless of how much you try to force it on other people all over the forum, a 15HP increase from generation to generation is a fvcking joke and if they didn't have something new to throw into it they should have waited until they had the next "M" engine developed with better numbers. I loved the M division for what it stood for, brute driving machines that looked incredible and didn't break your back (hardly), but times have changed and now interior is prioritized over the engine and the way the car made you feel. It's not about making the ultimate driving machine anymore, rather the ultimate profit machine and the company as a whole has been diluted down to fit pussies who want to drive there SUPER FAST RACE CAR in automatic.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just for reference, a chip for the current gen X5M gets you +60HP making it faster than this new one, stupid.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts

E71 X6M

F16 X6M
ok

·
Registered
545 Posts
I guess I'm just used to BMW taking 100HP jumps from generation to generation. This stems back to the f10 M5 which only got a 60hp increase and a major downgrade of an engine from its' predecessor, I consider turbos cheating so by shoving two of them into a smaller engine and saying "we made a faster car!", really doesn't do it for me. Say all you want, I don't really give a $hit about your opinion anyway regardless of how much you try to force it on other people all over the forum, a 15HP increase from generation to generation is a fvcking joke and if they didn't have something new to throw into it they should have waited until they had the next "M" engine developed with better numbers. I loved the M division for what it stood for, brute driving machines that looked incredible and didn't break your back (hardly), but times have changed and now interior is prioritized over the engine and the way the car made you feel. It's not about making the ultimate driving machine anymore, rather the ultimate profit machine and the company as a whole has been diluted down to fit pussies who want to drive there SUPER FAST RACE CAR in automatic.
Like I said, cry about it. Doesn't change anything.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Like I said, cry about it. Doesn't change anything.
I don't have to, AMG is kicking the M's division's ass now so I can just switch over.

·
Registered
21 Posts
^ u wish every amg suv gets destroyed by this(like every other amg in an m class).. new range rover svr destroyed.. chip this chip that sure mate

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Speaking as an E70 owner, I see nothing to get excited about. So, the display pops up now. So, the steering wheel is a little flashier. So, there's a carbon fiber panel in the dashboard. Who cares. If you're that worried about horsepower and sportiness, then you're looking at the wrong vehicle anyway. You need to get a Porsche Cayenne turbo S. The only thing I wish my X5 had was the true Bluetooth technology instead of having to use cords to hook my iphone up to the stereo in order to play my music. Otherwise, in my opinion, the X5 is perfect for what it is designed to do.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Soo, everything you look for in a car is how much more hp it's got over it's predecessor?.. If it had 700hp and it was still just as fast 0-60 and around the Ring I'm guessing you would like it?..
Stop with the Top trumps nonsense and look at the actual performance numbers instead of the hp number in the manual.

It is a lot faster than the old car, and the fact that you can chip the previous gen car to get more power than the new one is a non-argument.
Just because the previous gen car is turbo charged and therefor easy to extract more horsepower from doesn't make the new gen car worse or "not as powerful as it should be". Stating that turbo charging is cheating and that you don't like it doesn't really help your argument either.

We are reaching a road block in the horse power race and new cars won't have a ton more hp than the old ones. They will however be faster, and I'd like to think that's what really matters.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts