Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this '09 Cobalt SS about two months ago. I'm very impressed with the car being just a little FWD 4 cylinder. I'll be taking her to the track once I get radials and hoping for a run into the 12s. Shouldn't be too unattainable with what's been done to her. I'll post better pictures once it's light out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sweeet, i'm sure it's quick for what it is. Always weird for me going from my 01 F250 7.3 Powerstroke on 38's that weighs 8,000 lbs to my 08 G35 sedan......the biggest difference is the quickness obviously.....pedal is veryyyy touchy in my G35.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Sorry this is off topic but what year is the Camaro in your avatar?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
It's a '80 Z28. I had that before I got the Cobalt SS.
Sweet, my dad has a '79 he's slowly restoring. The owner before slapped a later style hood and monte carlo rims on it for some reason lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This one has fender louvers from a '79. It came with a 305 but I bought a 355 from Holley and slapped that in. Unfortunately got rid of it before I got to do everything I wanted with it. But it was a fun car while I had it. Turned heads everywhere I went.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've heard the SS cobalt has transmission problems
....and they are all getting recalled for the ignition problem that randomly turns the car off.

My friend has one thats modded to hell! looks great too, he has never had a transmission problem.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
The ignition doesn't randomly turn off, the key can just be turned off while its driving or in gear. There is supposed to be a lock that prevents that from happening but it breaks extremely easy.

Funny thing is GM knew about it before they released the car they just didn't want to fix it. My wife's car has that ignition issue. What is happening is people with heavy keychains or lanyards getting caught can be enough to turn the key to the off position thus disabling the air bags, power steering/brakes and making the car a rolling paper weight.

GM has certainly been taking their time issuing the recall parts. They don't even have an ETA of when they will arrive.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I heard they had a list of questions, and they have yet to answer all the questions like how much each parts costs and how long they have used the part, and they are not getting fined everyday till they turn in the list. It was not much of a fine really, but in time it could become, it was like a thousand a day or somthing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The SS actually has a decent Saab transmission. I've never heard any issues. The recall shouldn't take more than a couple hours. The dealership here has already done 90 or so cars. They should already have the parts, it's strange that they don't. I only have a few keys on my chain so I have no issues with it but I will get around to it eventually and have them do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts