Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Honestly they could have a quad turbo Lamborghini that goes 300mph, goes around Nordschleife in 3 minutes, and cost 3 billion dollars and it still wouldn't make the show good. In my opinion this show will suck until they find 3 presenters that have charisma, chemistry, comedy, and a great knowledge of everything cars.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
That poor SV has a gorilla driving it.. I like the filming, but I agree, they need better hosts. After watching that clip it reminds me of Battle Of The Supercars, which is a terrible show, they have terrible lines and it all sounds so cheesy. It is kind of obvious though which of those 3 Lambos is the baddest... Tim Allen, Jay Leno, and Matt Farah would be cool hosts, with the exception of Tanner, what exactly do the other two wa hoos have to do with cars? and Tanner was never made for TV... /rant.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm at the point in my life where I find shows like this not even worth watching. Give me a brochure, a rep, some seat time on a track and a car show. That's all I need or want. That's it.
________
Sexdrive18

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't think it's that bad. I don't expect the show to be just like the UK Top Gear. In fact I don't have any expectations whatsoever. It's like someone blowing up a movie before you see it, then you go and you're kind of left thinking "it wasn't all that".

And although I've only seen this clip and the trailer teaser, I will go as far as to say this clip was actually "ok". It's got just enough to make me want to see the entire segment.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
yeah the jokes make it look like they are trying to copy UK top gear... the hosts looked uncomfortable making the jokes too... very unnatural...

·
Registered
9 Posts
At least it doesn't look as bad as Battle of the Supercars on Speed. I fast forward through all the talking on that show.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Weak as it may be, I'll still give it a shot. The shots were definitely car pr0n worthy and I just love cars too much to not watch.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Honestly in my opinion this show will suck until they find 3 presenters that have charisma, chemistry, comedy, and a great knowledge of everything cars.
I agree. What makes the original show work is that they hired presenters that were either car journalists or broadcasters (or both). May wrote for an auto magazine prior to Top Gear, Hammond was a radio personality, and Clarkson has been on the scene since before he presented the original Top Gear show.

I'm not sure how they decided on these jokers for the US incarnation, but Clarkson himself has said that race drivers have no personality and are only good at driving quickly, so I'm really not sure how Tanner made the cut. It seems that Ferrera is just some hack comedian with no credentials in automotive journalism, so I don't see what he can contribute, other than bad jokes. And Rutledge is a Nascar racing analyst?

I just hope they don't try to emulate the characteristics of the original cast like the Australian show tried to do. If anyone has seen that version they were obviously trying to paint one guy as the slow calm driver who always gets lost, and another guy as the excitable younger chap, etc...

·
Registered
816 Posts
That poor SV has a gorilla driving it.. I like the filming, but I agree, they need better hosts. After watching that clip it reminds me of Battle Of The Supercars, which is a terrible show, they have terrible lines and it all sounds so cheesy. It is kind of obvious though which of those 3 Lambos is the baddest... Tim Allen, Jay Leno, and Matt Farah would be cool hosts, with the exception of Tanner, what exactly do the other two wa hoos have to do with cars? and Tanner was never made for TV... /rant.
I agree. It makes me so mad that they are making this show. They are TRYING 100% to copy the real and ONLY real Top Gear. Rutledge is a NASCAR host dude I think, he's in the local car scene here. Tanner PISSES ME off 99.9% of the time. The other guy I don't even know who he is.

I don't care who the hosts are, it would suck. Unless they tried to make their OWN show with their OWN type of challenges and what not.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
With those hosts:confused::(
We are about to witness the titanic hit the iceberg.......

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
To be honest, I'd be interested in watching an episode, when does it air?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts