Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site has been recommended to me for some time now by LS3-Steve, and I've finally got around to signing up and saying hello. :bow1:

I'm originally from England, but have been living in Ingolstadt, Bavaria for a few years now. Being immersed in a sea of Audis naturally made me want to drive something a little more "interesting", so here's my baby:

The whole point behind her was to have something unusual, that would make an event out of opening the garage each time I go for a drive and could handle a battering around the Nurburgring. Plus I'm an incurable Wankel addict... :whistle:

Anyway, looking forward to joining in the L4P fun!

Ash.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Welcome to the 4. She is a beauty but Whats a Wankel Adiict?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wankel Rotary Engine Addict. I'm not some kind of deviant... ;)

Unless you include three rebuilt engines in three years as a fetish?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
soooo no LS1 swap???

you wouldn't have to rebuild all the time, and you can get monster torque!!!

I had a swapped car and loved it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Noooo (I did check through the site and saw your thread), I love the concept and performance characteristics of the rotary.

The original engine exploded on the autobahn whilst I was playing with a Maserati, that was due to poor maintenance by a previous owner that resulted in rotor meeting housing. But it still ran for 1000 miles, did a lap of the Ring and got me home :D

Second engine (a 13B RE) just needed a replacement casting and has been fine til last weekend, when I think I've cracked a turbo. But it's still sequential, pushing 400bhp and 300lb/ft, boosting from 1500 at just 0.85 bar. It's more exciting than putting a pickup truck engine in.

Have to admit though, there was a touch of jealousy on Sunday when Steve hopped into his VXR and rumbled off without a care in the world!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
clean Rx7, welcome to the 4.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, I've never understood the fascination with ruining the looks of one of the prettiest Japanese cars of the 90s with heaps of fibreglass and stickers.

OEM+ for me, if anything my plan is to take it up a class in terms of trim quality and so on.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Thanks, I've never understood the fascination with ruining the looks of one of the prettiest Japanese cars of the 90s with heaps of fibreglass and stickers.

OEM+ for me, if anything my plan is to take it up a class in terms of trim quality and so on.
Couldn't agree more. The absolute best aesthetic upgrade for the FD, and the only one I would consider for that matter, is the '99 JDM front bumper and fogs.
:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Couldn't agree more. The absolute best aesthetic upgrade for the FD, and the only one I would consider for that matter, is the '99 JDM front bumper and fogs.
:)
Damn, am I being predictable with my latest purchase then?

:bitenails:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts