Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up this new sport watch for my collection, It was dirt cheap so I picked it up, I realize it is a left hander, but for $40.00 what are you go kenneth cole watch.jpg nna do? haha

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol I wouldn't of bought it if it wasnt 40 bucks lol. i like the look of the watch, not necessarily the brand haha the finish is terrible in comparison to even other watches I have. hoping to pick up a decent time piece come christmas, thinking sub 1000. but with more hortilogical significance .

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a very good looking watch and the hort is there, Theres just one problem, ever since I was a kid I have associated seiko with cheap watches and that ruins them for me, maybe its because my dad wore a super cheap one he bought from zellers when I was a kid. he wears an invicta now ... I dont know what im gonna do with him, hes convinced its a $1200.00 watch and he just got a good deal.
I'm also looking for something that, other people may not necessarily recognize unless they are into watches, like perhaps a archimedes, or something of the sort. or perhaps something more eminent, maybe along the lines of a hamilton or other?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk
Seiko Monster
Seiko SKX
Orients

If you go with the Seikos, they're definitely watch enthusiast products and you can get Yobokies modded ones that look fantastic. You can rock em on every different type of bracelet too.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
lol I wouldn't of bought it if it wasnt 40 bucks lol. i like the look of the watch, not necessarily the brand haha the finish is terrible in comparison to even other watches I have. hoping to pick up a decent time piece come christmas, thinking sub 1000. but with more hortilogical significance .
Spend a few more bills and grab an older Speedmaster. You'll thank yourself.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Spend a few more bills and grab an older Speedmaster. You'll thank yourself.
Agreed, or maybe hamilton, longines. To be completely honest, I know you said sub 1000, but if there is a pie in the sky watch that you want, that isn't too much more...keep saving, you'll be happy in the long run. I've been doing the same myself and get tempted almost daily. As far as Seiko goes, I get it, some watch enthusiast love Seiko, but not me. Kind of like you OP, since I was young I just never really liked them.. I was just given a vintage Hamilton(still running) by the nicest 89 year old woman..It was her husbands who passed 26 years ago, she thinks its from the 50s-60s, I'm going to do more research myself, what I have done I would have to agree so far.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Agreed, or maybe hamilton, longines. To be completely honest, I know you said sub 1000, but if there is a pie in the sky watch that you want, that isn't too much more...keep saving, you'll be happy in the long run. I've been doing the same myself and get tempted almost daily. As far as Seiko goes, I get it, some watch enthusiast love Seiko, but not me. Kind of like you OP, since I was young I just never really liked them.. I was just given a vintage Hamilton(still running) by the nicest 89 year old woman..It was her husbands who passed 26 years ago, she thinks its from the 50s-60s, I'm going to do more research myself, what I have done I would have to agree so far.
wtf pics

1 - 15 of 15 Posts