Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Cool looking ship, but I can't picture these clowns now without thinking of the South Park episode Whale Whores..."WE'RE BADASSES!!"

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I got to say those are some dedicated people! I have mad respect for them and there cause. Glad to see they got a new rig to give the whalers hell.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Yeah for the Sea Shepherds! I can't believe that the Japanese government justifies their whaling. Hooray for the Sea Shepherds... serious dedication.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
The bigger news in all of this is the vessel being registered in Australia and flying the Australian flag. They've basically been given the right to police Australian territorial waters and act on behalf of the Australian government when it comes to enforcing the whaling regulations.

This shit looks huge as well.

I have more respect for the Sea Shepherds because they, for lack of a better phrase, put their money where their mouth is. They aren't passive because the problem isn't passive. I think it is dumb to put human life on the line for an animal, but for a species, it is tough to argue one way or the other.

Being willing to act is something so many others simply aren't willing to do.

When I see updates about Taiji and the dolphin slaughters there, I always wonder, if you so enraged about it, why aren't you out there cutting the nets?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I can appreciate putting money where their mouth is, i can even appreciate putting a human life on the line for an animal. What I can't appreciate or understand is how seemingly inept Paul Watson and his command chain is. I can't tell if it's editing to make them look dumb or not. Every new season, they seem to be amateurs at it all over again.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Well, I wouldn't say Paul Watson is Admiral Nimitz. That said, he has been doing this a long time and I am unaware of any times when his decisions have lead to anything catastrophic.

The show does have him looking like a deer in the headlights a lot. It is possible that is exhaustion though. They put in long hours in a place that is not easy on the human psyche.

The First Mate on both the Bob Barker and the Steve Irwin seemed to make more sound decisions than either of the captains.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I agree with both SS and TC's points and I add this. All of the crew are volunteers, some have skills some just have amazing passion so trying to lead all these people and train them has got to be a very trying task. What they are doing doesn't really have a hand book either and they are constantly skirting on the edge of pure terrorism. I applaud what they are doing but certainly agree a few more guys with some nautical/tactical training couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
What I can't appreciate or understand is how seemingly inept Paul Watson and his command chain is.
I couldnt agree with that statement any more! Paul Watson is a doofus that needs a reality check. His fat, lazy ass puts so many lives in danger over "battle plans" that NEVER work... Im all for their efforts, but with him behind the wheel, he's more kamikaze than commander.. He needs to retire back to his quarters with some ez-mac and the latest copy of gravy afficianado and beardlovers quarterly..

Did anyone see where he plowed his old boat onto the ice during the seal bashings and all the guys on the ice jumped aboard while he locked himself in his room? They finally beat the door down and smashed his face in, but all that it did was put the ENTIRE crew and vessel at risk.. Monitoring and publicizing these activities will do WAY more for their efforts than having to get skin grafts for the crew as their christmas bonus because the captain is too stupid to do anything other than jam his head into the hornets nest to keep them from stinging..

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
The new ship is cool.

Protecting whales is a worthwhile endeavor.

Paul Watson is a lying douche who manufactures drama to further his agenda.

I think that pretty much sums up my thoughts.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
If we don't kill whales then where are we going to get our whale burgers and our whale coats and shoes? Plus someone needs to kill the whales because of the danger they cause to all the humans out there. Whales are always swimming onto our beaches and attacking all the swimmers and surfers. I keep up with this stuff. I'm on the inside.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts