Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new S65 a little over a month ago. So far, the car has been in the service department for 14 days (and its still there now). Check engine light keeps coming on - cylinders not firing right - waiting for software update from Mercedes corporate. I was understanding at the beginning of the process but now that I have been without the vehicle for sometime its really getting to me - especially given the fact that my monthly payments are not small. So, I'm making my payments without the use of the car. Any advice for course of action? I know that reading my state lemon laws they say that to be considered a lemon the car must be in service for a combined 30 days within the first 18 months. So, we aren't there yet. But I should be compensated in some way, correct?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I would be requesting compensation or consideration commensurate with the time you are without the vehicle, unless they are giving you a comparable loaner.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They've offered a loaner but I declined because I have other cars I can use. I've never had this happen, thankfully, so am at a bit of a loss in terms of what to do/ask for.

Reactions: TXSTYLE

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
that sucks. We just got a new loaded 15 c300 on Saturday and when it rained that evening the headlights were foggy as hell so it got dropped off this morning and waiting on new headlights. 18days for a new benz must really suck, my granturismo s was out for 15days a month after i got it.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Mercedes is really f--king up, this year alone i've spent $7k on repairs. I would think the S65 BRAND NEW would be flawless, aren't they hand made in the benz factory in Germany ?

The dealer should cover half or all of one month payment or for however long the car is in the shop. If not lawyer up.

·
Registered
610 Posts
You may have other cars, but why front the cost of operating them when the responsibility falls to MBZ? Accept the loaner (which is suitable compensation) and be on your way. Otherwise, with all respect, you haven't much leg to stand on until your 30 day mark.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I completely understand your point about the loaner. I work from home and we haven't had an occasion in the last few weeks that involved putting excessive miles on a car. I'm more inclined to be compensated for the amount of my monthly payment - divided into the days I have not had the car. Selling a $225,000 car and then servicing it for 2 weeks within the first 30-40 days is ridiculous. Those with any experience in this area - do I take this up with the Service Manager (who has been my point of contact) or go above him to Mercedes corporate?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I completely understand your point about the loaner. I work from home and we haven't had an occasion in the last few weeks that involved putting excessive miles on a car. I'm more inclined to be compensated for the amount of my monthly payment - divided into the days I have not had the car. Selling a $225,000 car and then servicing it for 2 weeks within the first 30-40 days is ridiculous. Those with any experience in this area - do I take this up with the Service Manager (who has been my point of contact) or go above him to Mercedes corporate?
Whatever you do, do it now.

Get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Those with any experience in this area - do I take this up with the Service Manager (who has been my point of contact) or go above him to Mercedes corporate?
Service manager has no power. Take it to corporate. Your request is not unreasonable and seems to be the normal resolution in a case like this.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I would've asked for the months payment/30 * (# of days in service) or an SLS loaner

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
When this happens, if you can't personally handle it, you have an attorney handle it. You don't consult a forum. As long as you let the dealership call the shots, they will do just that. You're a guy who can afford a $200K car getting bullied by a $50K dealership employee. Wouldn't happen.

·
Registered
610 Posts
When this happens, if you can't personally handle it, you have an attorney handle it. You don't consult a forum.
Implies forum consultation is unwarranted, thereby effectively dismissing all previous forum member input. Proceeds with member consult regarding law and fiscal leverage.

Via forum.

#kermitsip

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Implies forum consultation is unwarranted, thereby effectively dismissing all previous forum member input. Proceeds with member consult regarding law and fiscal leverage.

Via forum.

#kermitsip

Dude, you have to put the put the actually Kermit

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ok, I have worked at Mercedes-Benz dealerships before, here in Australia. There was one case where a customer had bought a 'Lemon' SL65 and the Service Manager had almost completely no say in compensation for some reason. I would recommend going straight to Mercedes Benz USA in regards to the issue. BTW do you know what the problem with the car is? If so you could also tell that to MB USA straight and see what they have to say about it. With the customer here all I know is that he had a SL65 and after about 2 months from when he hit up MB Oceania, he had a new car, the warranty was free for unlimited 7 years and free servicing for 7 years. Not to say that this will be the case for you, however getting in touch with MB USA will be your best bet to get the ball rolling. Good Luck

1 - 20 of 109 Posts