Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 1976 Series III on the cheap today :)

Sold the Jeep SRT8 yesterday, and bought this today about 30 minutes after I picked up a pretty low mile Grand Cherokee for daily duties.

More to come as I make casual progress.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey nice buy, my dad is proud owner of a defender and a 1978 series III santanta, both in the long wheel base, im working now to get one of those and restore it as a daily car.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea man, found it here with about receipts for $12k of recently done work. It's got a Holden 202 3.3L (red) motor in it, which actually pulls pretty good. Some definite mods to come though :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
yea man, found it here with about receipts for $12k of recently done work. It's got a Holden 202 3.3L (red) motor in it, which actually pulls pretty good. Some definite mods to come though :)
That´s quite a big engine you got there, post pics of how it is, and the other thing, is it a manual or automatic transmission?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here are some more pictures (she needs lots of loving).... Oh yea and a few megayachts in the background... ohhh and a helicopter that crashed outside my apartment today.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More of project turd (I'm in process of polishing the turd).

I need suggestions of color of the seats... I stopped by the local rover parts store and I can get the the stock "luxury" seats for $560; so I'm opting to recover the bench seats in vinyl myself to keep it the nice turd it is. I can pickup a roll of vinyl in almost any color and I'm thinking while black would look nice it may be too plain. Thoughts on Red?

First couple hours working on the Landie. Got a new key barrel/lock for the drivers door.

Lots of dirt on the doors and dash... actually looks like someone had diarrhea, bent over and held their ankles then proceeded to spray all over the interior.

before a light wipe down...

after...

same before/after a spray/wipe w/ a towel

·
Registered
84 Posts
Love it mate - I've got an '83 Series III with a 3.5 rover V8, I'm rebuilding it at the moment.

They are really easy to work on but it's easy to get caught in the trap of "I'll just take this off" and then the whole thing's in bits. I've just welded a new half chassis onto mine, repainted the chassis, repainted the body, and I need to get someone to recon the gearbox, then we should be ready to go.

I'd take the chequerplate off!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She's now topless for the Summer. I still need to put on the rear half tailgate, and some other new parts I've picked up for her.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'd suggest you replace the springs with parabolic springs, they's give a coil type ride more like a 90. I also suggest an overdrive if you can get one, it will get better mpg and you'll be bale to cruise happily at 65mph! I have a 1963 series 2a 88" and a LHD 1970 109" FFR.

I also have some 110's! and a classic RR.

I'm having trouble uploading pics of my series trucks, if you want pics please send me a pm with an email and i'll happilly send them to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A few updates:
New seat covers, new rear seats, rhino lined the interior floors/doors, new shift boots, new shift knobs, new spare mud tire (soon to be all 4).

Parts not yet installed: Bull bar, new steering wheel, rear sway tire and jerry can carrier, tailgate for soft top, roof basket.

Thinking of other possibilities too.

w/out tire on the hood

1 - 15 of 15 Posts