·
Registered
170 Posts
nice toy for 3.5mil

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It is new... We'll be going up tomorrow.

On a second note, this is a puddle jumper compared one of our aquaintances' Canadair Challenger 601. That thing is ridiculous. Pretty sure he "stole" that one. Literally. He is the owner of Sage Popovich, an aviation repossession company.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats... they are great machines... basically go anywhere do anything aircraft. With the single engine, it should keep your DOC's nice and low.... Congrats again!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've been comparing this to the KA 250 and are both very comparable but the PC-12 wins overall. I'm looking for a puddle jumper and the PC-12 seems to be a great choice!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Very cool plane! I'm assuming running costs on something like this is significantly less than any type of Jet? (excuse my aviation ignorance)
Generally speaking, yes, with a newer machine like that, compared to an older jet. This is not always the case, but Pilatus makes a great machine. The PC12 is a great short hop business traveler / commuter. I haven't looked at the numbers of cost per mile / hourly costs, but I'm sure they're noteworthy.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Generally speaking, yes, with a newer machine like that, compared to an older jet. This is not always the case, but Pilatus makes a great machine. The PC12 is a great short hop business traveler / commuter. I haven't looked at the numbers of cost per mile / hourly costs, but I'm sure they're noteworthy.
Give or take on this but friend of mine gave me $668/HR & 2.73/SM, he would be flying for me so I've been having him run numbers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
CDubb... those numbers are close... but then again you have to be prepared for the large depreciation hit if you are buying new... That is where older planes come into play as 2Props was alluding to... spend 1/4 the money and not worry about depreciation.

·
Registered
487 Posts
CDubb... those numbers are close... but then again you have to be prepared for the large depreciation hit if you are buying new... That is where older planes come into play as 2Props was alluding to... spend 1/4 the money and not worry about depreciation.
Definitely not buying brand new but maybe 5-10 yrs old. I want to stay with a 45 or 47 model if I go with the PC-12.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think that would be a smart move.... but I would also consider older King Airs or Piston Twins.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Therein lies the issue.
New machine, low(er) hourly cost, high(er) initial cost.
Old machine, higher hourly cost, lower initial costs.
It's a million dollar question on trade off. Thank god for Excel and Conklin De Decker.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes no kidding... (regarding Conklin)

Although recently a lot of my clients are choosing Piston over Turbine due to the rise in fuel prices. At the end of the day in certain mission profiles it is hard to beat a piston.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Over the weekend there were 30 plus PC-12's at KBJC. I aasume for the annual convention but I haven't asked anyone who would know for sure. I enjoyed cruising the flight line after teh tower colsed on Saturday to look at all the custom paint work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts