Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im a new young guy, just turned 21 and am making my own payments on my first "dream car" of right now, my 08' Jeep SRT8. I hope later in life I can own an exotic but for now that is just not in the cards : ) haha. After loosing my father a few years ago I have been trying to educate myself as well as I can about cars, I've found that learning from others either on forums or meets has been the best, I have no knowledge so I have huge respect for those whom do. I have been getting more into car meets and been to the sterling heights cars, coffee and karts a few times and its a great place to go. Just a creeper on forums because I mostly like just learning more about cars as I am very new to car customization and inner workings of all of that. I just like to meet up with fellow car enthusiasts, and also things like xceedspeed guys, which im sure there are quite a few here. I was looking at old threads and noticed that michigan has been pretty quiet over the past few year or so. Since I was back home in my hometown of Brighton last week I saw a red 430 spyder, and a yellow gallardo I thought that maybe we could start up a new meet if other people are down, or if there is one that people already have then I would be down to meet some guys if possible. I know this was alot of personal information but I just don't want people to think I'm just on here to see expensive/rare cars, I have seen plenty and many family member/neighbors have them as well. I just want to meet up with some guys and shoot the breeze and maybe start up a cool meet. Again I don't have an exotic so I was thinking all Michigan guys can come out, no discrimination here, gotta have respect for all makes and models. I know your out there michigan people, its warm now, time to get out and about! haha. Let me know if anyones up for a meet and greet, than maybe after that we can make it a planned event? thanks guys!

p.s.-if im stepping over the line of privacy or just being creepy let me know haha, im just a people person is all

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha thanks for the welcome fellas!, its summer now so i type anyways i can, need my little relaxation. cliff notes is a friend of most college kids tho hah. shouldve watched how bad i was typing but i dont care enough, figure everyone on here has enough intelligence to discern what i write, even if it is horribly typedddd. haha

·
Registered
604 Posts
welcome to the 4. i love your jeep!

This forum is great. I don't have a nice car yet, but I live in Romeo and will try to make it to the next Cars and Coffee at Kart2Kart. See you around.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Welcome... I am also new to michigan. it is a good bit quieter then the northeast as it pertains to the car scene. odd since this is supposed to be the home of the american automobile.

im down in ann arbor if that helps.

·
Registered
604 Posts
it is a good bit quieter then the northeast as it pertains to the car scene. odd since this is supposed to be the home of the american automobile.
How long have you been here? The car scene does pick up in the summer. Maybe it seems quieter now, but there are a lot of car events. The problem can be the distance, they are spread out quite a bit.

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
How's it going guys, here in Ann Arbor as well. It can be quiet, but I've noticed the closer you get to Detroit, the more it's apparent that there are gearheads everywhere. I've been spending a lot of time in the Pontiac/Clarkston area and it seems that there are tons of cars out there. Anyways, the first saturday of next month, there are a couple nice shows. One being in Ypsilanti and the Cars and Coffee in Sterling Heights. I'm suppose to work at 10 but I could weasel around it.... :whistle: Also, every thursday night there is a GREAT car cruise in Depot Town which is also in Ypsilanti. They line the whole street up with a mixture of mostly muscle cars but some others as well. It'd be awesome to get a group out to hese regularly. Meet somewhere, cruise down there, park our cars, enjoy the others and have a burger and beer? Just a thought, there is one tonight btw. Here's a video, breeze through it....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
welcome to the 4. i love your jeep!
Thanks man! Just hit my one year with it and i enjoy it every time i turn the key still :D

Well sorry guys, for some reason when I posted this i didn't get messages for being subscribed? Anyways, Id love to meet up anytime anybody would want to. I went to the lingenfelter collection today and it was crazy, to be that close to cars of that caliber, knowing they are literally 15 minutes from my house :). Ill post up some pictures once I have them loaded off of my canon. great to see all the michigan people on here too!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Welcome !!!

I'm in Farmington Hills , let me know when u guys wanna roll out . I'll def try make a meet if i can get away from work for a sec .

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
In my short time here i have noticed that there seems to be a good bit of auto related events going on in michigan... but i always learn about them after the fact. Heck today they have a boat load of lambos and a veyron at some show in detroit. i didnt notice it until i saw it on a news brief on tv about fathers day. so i think it would be helpful for at least new guys like myself to put them in a central place. ill start a thread with what i've come across so far.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Welcome to the 4! I too lost my father at a young age(15), so I sorta know the feeling. I'm normally up in the Grosse Pointe area every summer with family.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Subscribing and chiming in from S. E. Michigan.
Bloomfield Hills.

A few of us (car folk) meet down in Birmingham periodically, or we'll do a run down to A2 for chow at Zingerman's Roadhouse.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts