Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those vents for $225 was an amazing deal; I paid $500 for the vents alone from RoverActive.biz (had black centers already) then paid $700 to have the vent surrounds, door handles, and grille painted. I would just paint your handles not get covers. There is zero difference in the operation, and the lock button fits perfectly (I trusted the shop, as they painted the handles on my '08).
Yeah that is a steal at $225 with painted surrounds.

Keiphers, as far as painting doorhandles. I think what he bought its pretty much the same thing. They aren't covers, they are actual door handles painted. So he'd just take off his unpainted handles and slap on the painted ones? Just like a paint shop would probably take off your doorhandles and paint them? Also @ ~$125 a set that's a steal and would be a lot less than a paint shop would charge to get them painted/matched.

I may be wrong though but that's how I understood the part/item.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I may be wrong though but that's how I understood the part/item.
I'd be amazed if this includes OEM (painted) handles - I always thought these were covers (such as the chrome ones, where the lock button is moved somehow). I'm guessing you couldn't even get an OEM set for $125.

I would inquire as to whether these are OEM handles. If not, the only way you'll get a decent fit and finish is to paint the stock handles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd be amazed if this includes OEM (painted) handles - I always thought these were covers (such as the chrome ones, where the lock button is moved somehow). I'm guessing you couldn't even get an OEM set for $125.

I would inquire as to whether these are OEM handles. If not, the only way you'll get a decent fit and finish is to paint the stock handles.
True, it sounds too good to be true but that's that I translated his response into. Hopefully he will chime in and state the details about the door handles...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Very clean

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The ones i got are not covers its the original handles painted.

Even double checked when I received them....Land Rover logo inside and original grey color on inside...so these are OEM as posetd by the seller on his store on Ebay

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yours is by far the best looking Range Rover i've ever laid eyes on. i can't stop staring at this shot cuz it's unreal clean, nice bulldogish stance kinda like a lowered E46 M3 on perfect offset 19" BBS LMs (had one waay back when):

I'm looking to replicate your look - not exactly, but pretty darn close. Thanks for the inspiration!

I have a black '11 RRS SC and just ordered the full autobio kit and the Kahn RS wheels. I'm debating whether to paint the factory kit all black or copy the factory paint scheme with the satin silver lower front lip and grill. Or paint it all glossy black save for the grill part.

Tough... I really like how the silver accent on the front bumper helps it to make it sit lower on a black truck. on anything but a black truck i'd def match it to body color.

Also ordered the Mansory lowering module as I understand it makes the truck sit .75" lower at "normal" ride height.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanx ROK...

Some updates coming next week goin to Vegas so droppin off vehicle to do the changes!!!:clap:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
slowly but surely gettin there... i'll post up pics once i get the auto/mansory all dialed in

Cant wait to get my wheels back on doesnt want to stop snowing up North:tightlipped:

·
Registered
651 Posts
how does your ride look when rolling since i take it u don't have a lowering module installed? i'm hoping it looks all right, but then i suspect it'll look better at about 1" lower all around.

i'm just on the fence about it since i'm not sure how it'll handle the dynamic mode drive function let alone the access/off-road height settings.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
how does your ride look when rolling since i take it u don't have a lowering module installed? i'm hoping it looks all right, but then i suspect it'll look better at about 1" lower all around.

i'm just on the fence about it since i'm not sure how it'll handle the dynamic mode drive function let alone the access/off-road height settings.
Im thinking goin with the links not to sure about losing options with modules...unless the new H&R is really plug n play

·
Registered
651 Posts
Im thinking goin with the links not to sure about losing options with modules...unless the new H&R is really plug n play
don't do links man, trust me. your rig is way too new and nice for that junk.

you should hit up jonathan at wheelsb. he tells me that the mansory lowering module keeps ALL your stock controls and functions and just lowers the normal height setting. this is the direction i'm headed. you do have to splice, but they have a bypass.

i actually wrote an email to mansory asking the question yesterday. we'll see if they respond.

·
Registered
272 Posts
great looking rr possessed...care to elaborate a little on the led upgrades to both ext and interior? I am looking to make some changes to mine and would like some help in finding the right replacement bulbs and how to's.

·
Registered
693 Posts
had no idea LR made the autobio grills with black centers looks good
They're technically not stock on black/dark Autobiography/Sport GT models, but they come stock on white AB/SGT's. I ordered OEM AB black side vents for mine though (through RoverActive)... They look great in person though.

·
Registered
651 Posts
They're technically not stock on black/dark Autobiography/Sport GT models, but they come stock on white AB/SGT's. I ordered OEM AB black side vents for mine though (through RoverActive)... They look great in person though.
ahh i see. appreciate the clarification, didn't know.

i can't wait to get my full autobio kit on. does roveractive sell autobio kits (the full meal deal)?

i feel naked without it. i'm so impatient about things like this. :) i'm sure you guys can understand.

41 - 60 of 127 Posts