Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I go to school up here in New Haven, CT and I was just wondering if there are any members up here. I saw a black 599 last Saturday and it got me thinking...

Thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I dont know bro,there is alot of money all over CT and the tri-state but Ray Allen from the Celtics has been rockin his black ferrari 599 all around the hartford area where im from in the off season

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
One unfortunate aspect of living in CT is that car enthusiasts seem to be much more reserved and even suspicious, if that makes sense. Sure, there are some guys that love to talk shop, but I've encountered more secretive behavior than social.

So, yes, there is a ton of money in CT and lots of corporate execs and celebs, but many exotics (and even "regular") owners seem to be hesitant to show love. I suppose there is a lot of theft of "tuner" cars, though, so I can understand that much.
:eek:hwell:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh that is unfortunate. Every time I here loud exhaust notes and such I run to my window but 90% of the time I'm disappointed to see a motorcycle or maybe an m3 if I'm lucky...

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
ahh that is unfortunate. Every time I here loud exhaust notes and such I run to my window but 90% of the time I'm disappointed to see a motorcycle or maybe an m3 if I'm lucky...
Don't get me wrong, there are enthusiasts among us, but the majority of interest here lies in Subarus and Mitsus, I would say (and there are some very fast ones in CT).

Maybe it's the harsh winter weather or generally brutal roads, but even older guys seem to love a built STI or EVO. As a matter of fact, there is a guy my dad's age who lives up the street and daily drives a 700whp EVO.

Another local guy my dad's age has a built STI that does 9s in the 1/4 mile. If you don't mind absurdly fast 4-cylinders, there are plenty of shops to visit:

The Shop

ICS Performance | Home

Pruven Performance

EFI Logics - Connecticut's Premier All wheel drive Dyno Tuning, Service, and Race car facility. SCT Tuning, Subaru Tuning, Mitsubishi Tuning in Connecticut and New England

That being said, there is also quite a bit of interest in turbocharging BMWs in CT, and ICS builds some serious cars. Jon at 666 Fab in Milford creates turbo manifolds that are works of art.

666 Fabrication - Quality that lasts an eternity

There are a few outfits that specialize in P-car too, and as a matter of fact Fairfield County Motorsports has won OLA in their 996 five years in a row, I believe.

Fairfield County Motorsport

European Performance Labs

If you really want so see some exotics, though, you need to head down to Greenwich...

Miller Motorcars Greenwich CT - Dealers for Aston Martin Bentley Ferrari Rolls Royce and Maserati

CONTACT CARRIAGE HOUSE MOTORS Greenwich Ct.

:)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Haha, I live in Greenwich and there are some sick cars, but you never see them. You only see this guy who has a 430 spyder, on occasion a maserati. The cars live in big garages and in back country.
If you go to Carriage House Motors, ask for Scott. He's the man.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really? I mean I've been for 3 weeks which arguably isn't that long but all I've seen is a black 599 but that was pretty sick though

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ best color around

we should organize something for all the new haven people sometime

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I might have seen it. You live in Greenwich?
I swear that people buy exotics in Greenwich and just keep them in their garage! I mean Miller Motorcars has a shit load of cars, yet I never see any of them on the road. I have seen a sick DBS volante recently though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts