Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So she's not like SUPER old, but at 14 she's not exactly brand new haha.

She's Bianca, a 1996 328is. Got her for almost nothing, completely ratted out and in need of a LOT of work. She still needs some work, but has come quite a far way since I got her. I wish I had snapped pics of the before, when I first picked her up, but the first ones I got were post-paint.

Mods:
UUC System U exhaust with DTM tips
Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs
Eibach rear strut bar
X Brace
Aftermarket LCA's that were on there when I got it, not sure what kind.
UUC drilled rotors
Hawk HP pads
UUC SS brake lines
UUC RK7A shift knob
OEM M3 front and rear bumpers
DDM Headlights w/6000K HID's and Thinline Angel Eyes
18x8 HP Lightning wheels w/ BMW centercaps
7" Double DIN head unit installed, relocated climate control (never ever undertaking that kinda project again lol)
Crap Sony speakers all the way around til I get time to upgrade to something better
Interior converted from tan to black
Pinstripe headliner

That's all I can think of for now.

A few quick pics:

This was at 4ngiefest in April (www.4ngiefest.com), right after paint.

Annnnnd as she sits now, looking a little more grown up and less Fast and Foorious on some much classier wheels haha

And yes, my kidneys are messed up. :)

Oh yeah, my name's Emily, I'm 26, and I draw a lot haha.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hey Emily! Welcome aboard the site. You've got Bianca looking good. Beautiful color on the car. Enjoy your stay and prepare for addiction.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can we see some?
I guess so lol. I also paint.. I really prefer painting over drawing most days...

^^ Drew the lines, used photoshop to color it all

^^ in progress...

^^ finished :)

·
Registered
934 Posts

^^ finished :)[/QUOTE]

thats awesome

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
that colour on the e36 is fantastic! what else do plan on doing to her?

·
Registered
5,540 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On that first pic... is it just me or does the Front Bumper look Really THIN???
I went ahead and cut it for an intercooler before getting the car painted so that I wouldn't mess up the paint cutting it later...
:tightlipped:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't like m3 mirrors... too curvy on a car that's as boxy and square as the e36.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I guess so lol. I also paint.. I really prefer painting over drawing most days...

^^ Drew the lines, used photoshop to color it all

^^ in progress...

^^ finished :)
These are good, my son is really into the anime' type stuff too, maybe I can get him and you to meet as we are not that far away. He needs some decent art "direction" to take his stuff to the next level.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For sure, I'm happy to give some pointers. The main advice I can give is practice, practice, practice... draw all the time.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I noticed in another thread you mentioned Savannah College of Art and Design, I had a friends daughter that went there and that was a thought for my son as he ages. One of my goals is to allow my son to make decisions for his life that are not based on money, whether it be lack there of or the need to make it while he figures out what to do. So art college type of stuff could be good!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I noticed in another thread you mentioned Savannah College of Art and Design, I had a friends daughter that went there and that was a thought for my son as he ages. One of my goals is to allow my son to make decisions for his life that are not based on money, whether it be lack there of or the need to make it while he figures out what to do. So art college type of stuff could be good!!!
My dad instilled the same in me. When I was a kid and I showed an interest in horses, I got horses and lessons. Then when I showed an interest in music, he encouraged me to pursue it and bought me a horn. Same deal with cars. He doesn't buy me cars, but he does come with me to shows, and every once in a while will slide me some cash for a mod or part I'm dying to have. He's always been one to push me to pursue my dreams and desires without worrying about finances. It kinda backfired a little bit when I got a few doses of the real world, but I definitely still do have that "I can do anything" attitude thanks to it.

As far as SCAD goes, be very careful with it. Yes, I learned many skills that I will take with me and use, but in the end I felt like they sugar coated their industrial design program and made it sound like something that it isn't in order to get me to come. As far as industrial design goes, there are two sides of it... the art side and the engineering side. The art side is great for toy design and ergonomic product design, but not so much for things like automobiles. That's the engineering side. What cemented my decision to come home and return to UGA was when another ID class spent an entire quarter working on a Red Bull concept motorcycle. An entire quarter and they were researching and working and talking to bike designers and everything, and their final design model was proudly on display. Of course, it wasn't a working model, but it was to scale and was basically a foam version of what the actual bike should have been. The writeup said it was supposed to have a 1300cc engine. The model would have barely held a 250cc engine, since it was very narrow and didn't have near the depth and space in the chassis to hold it. To me, it seemed like something pretty big to overlook on a project that they spent 10 weeks on.

Anyways, sorry for the long speech haha. Just make sure that in addition to SCAD, he looks at other art schools, as well. It's a lot of money to invest, and for that kind of investment he should be getting the EXACT program that he wants... not something close.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts