Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Effective August 15, 2010, New York has new and enhanced penalties for those convicted of DWI. Leandra's Law mandates that all defendants convicted of Driving While Intoxicated under specified subdivisions of the Vehicle and Traffic Law and Penal Law, be required to install an ignition interlock device on their vehicles. Specifically, this means all vehicles driven, borrowed, owned or registered by the defendant. The interlock device must be in place for at least 6 months, but a Court can order a longer period. Driving a vehicle that is not equipped with the device, during the specified period, is a misdemeanor and will result in another arrest and additional penalties. The bottom line is, do not drink and drive. It’s not worth it.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I've seen a guy get their friend to blow because he's sober and the driver drive while drinking again. Maybe not drunk but definitely drinking while drinking. I wonder how long until a device to blow into the interlock device?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've seen a guy get their friend to blow because he's sober and the driver drive while drinking again. Maybe not drunk but definitely drinking while drinking. I wonder how long until a device to blow into the interlock device?
In some states they have a little camera to see who is blowing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
lol thats an interesting device....never heard of that before, then again, i don't drink at all so i guess i don't have to worry about stuff like that lol

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
It's basically a breathalyzer linked to your ignition. You have to blow into it before the car will start. If you have alcohol on your breath, the car will not start.
The ones in IL also randomly go off, and if you don't blow or fail it either shuts the car off or alerts authorities.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
This has been a law in illinois since january 1st.

and those things are not cheap. the unit is 80 bucks. then 80 a month to rent. then 30 a month to the secretary of state on top of that. and that is for a minimum of 11 months

·
Registered
163 Posts
This has been a law in illinois since january 1st.

and those things are not cheap. the unit is 80 bucks. then 80 a month to rent. then 30 a month to the secretary of state on top of that. and that is for a minimum of 11 months
thats kinda funny.....so they put this thing on your car even though u don't want it and u have to pay to rent it? lol

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Doesnt even pay to have ONE drink in NYS anymore.

Not worth the risk..

thank god my girl doesnt drink

Shes the auto designated

1 - 14 of 14 Posts