Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
My first thought is how is someone going to keep that $400 piece of equipment secure to their vehicle without it being stolen. Looks like a neat, simple, concept.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, idk what everyone's local area is like but where I live in south Florida cameras are a REAL problem. You have to stop for 3 seconds before turning right on a red light and they still ticket you sometimes. It's not a don't drive like a prick and you'll be fine type deal for me. Not worried about it being stolen, it looks cheap and doesn't have any distinguishing features to make it stand out in a parking lot

·
Registered
319 Posts
They dont really have cameras around here. They do some times have a plan that takes pics of plates. But if it really works they should do some kind of pay your ticket guarantee. That would sell some units.

·
Registered
700 Posts
they dont have cameras near me currently. But when I am in the D.C and Maryland I have to be extra careful they're everywhere.

Edit: just saw the price tag. Would suck if you lived in a state that requires front and back plates.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they dont have cameras near me currently. But when I am in the D.C and Maryland I have to be extra careful they're everywhere.

Edit: just saw the price tag. Would suck if you lived in a state that requires front and back plates.

They comment that in the DC area with front plates that every camera system only takes pics after the car has passed thru negating the need/benefit for a front plate.

·
Registered
700 Posts
They comment that in the DC area with front plates that every camera system only takes pics after the car has passed thru negating the need/benefit for a front plate.
I want to say in MD that the traffic cameras can get your front plate. Maybe someone who lives there can chime in. I want to think they have some setup to hit your front one and also at traffic lights but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I want to say in MD that the traffic cameras can get your front plate. Maybe someone who lives there can chime in. I want to think they have some setup to hit your front one and also at traffic lights but i could be wrong.
Nope. Rear plate. Speaking from quite a bit of experience. DC too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts