Luxury4Play.com banner

Thoughts on the following sedans for daily use, pulling the trigger in the next couple of weeks on o

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking at the following 3 sedans for daily use.

1. Porsche Panamera Turbo S Executive

2. Aston Martin Rapide S

3. Mercedes-Benz S65 ( 2015 )

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The s65.

Most power and torque.

The most beautiful interior I have ever seen in a sedan.

It's a benz. Can't go wrong with a Benz (just get the extended warranty cause you may need it lol)

·
Registered
553 Posts
benz is more reliable after that comes the panamera
forget the rapide

Reactions: WHTEVO

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the thoughts and opinions, was thinking the same about the new S65, loving the interior especially with the reclining rear seats. Will keep you updated when i pull the trigger.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
definitely the S class!

good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you plan to use the back seat for adults (ever) I would stay away from the A/M. I sat in the back seat of one (or tried to) and it was extremely uncomfortable.

·
Registered
130 Posts
S65 for sure..

Unless the Rapide S gets another facelift to make the rear end more current like the vantage!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
tough choice...might pick the Rapide just to have something unique and different... youre unlikely to park next to another one

but the S65 just makes so much more sense.... engine and interior are just off the charts awesome.... but youll see an S class just about everywhere you go... and although you wont see another 65 often, the base model S550 looks close enough that most people dont know the difference.

the panamera.... eh... its like the fugly chick in that 3some.... theres just nothing special about it to make you want one.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We thought about the Rapide because its a bit different than your typical luxury / sports sedan. But living in weho / bev hills area you see all these cars on a daily basis.

S65 does make the most sense for me to drive around and be driven occasionally while working on the go in the back with the fold out trays. plus I love the sound of the V12 with the increased power.

I have a love hate relationship with the Panamera. Love it because its german and Porsche but the back kills me most times when I see them.

At this point we plan to place an order for the S65 in a week or so unless a dealer gets one with the color and options we want.

Thanks to all for the advise so far.

tough choice...might pick the Rapide just to have something unique and different... youre unlikely to park next to another one

but the S65 just makes so much more sense.... engine and interior are just off the charts awesome.... but youll see an S class just about everywhere you go... and although you wont see another 65 often, the base model S550 looks close enough that most people dont know the difference.

the panamera.... eh... its like the fugly chick in that 3some.... theres just nothing special about it to make you want one.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Congrats

S class Merc is the most legendary out of those three.
Panamera - might as well get a 911 limo
Rapide - actually not too much of a fan of; I even prefer an Audi S7.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Open to other to suggestions. Requirements are a executive car, I would be driving the car most of the time with an employee occasionally driving me depending on whats going on during the day business wise.

Im not considering the following; Bentley Mulsanne, Bentley Flying Spur, RR Ghost, RR Phantom, because we have a RR Wraith and RR Drophead inbound in the next 2-3 weeks. I did look at the new Audi S8, love the car but not on the same level as the S65 as far as power and features.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions in advance.

Any reason those are the only 3 you are looking at? Open to other suggestions?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am looking at the following for the S65

Exterior Color: Palladium Silver Metallic Wheels: 20-inch AMG forged twin 5-spoke wheels

Interior Color: Porcelain/Black Exclusive Nappa Leather Trim: AMG carbon fiber/Black Piano Lacquer Wood Trim

Options AMG Exterior Carbon Fiber Package
Executive Rear Seat Package PLUS
Refrigerator box for rear cabin
Plus the 20+ standard features like wifi, sounds etc.

Let me know, I do have dealer connections nationwide.

Thanks in advance.

What color options are you looking for? I have a couple coming available soon that may work. Certainly beats the close to 1yr wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am looking at the following for the S65

Exterior Color: Palladium Silver Metallic Wheels: 20-inch AMG forged twin 5-spoke wheels

Interior Color: Porcelain/Black Exclusive Nappa Leather Trim: AMG carbon fiber/Black Piano Lacquer Wood Trim

Options AMG Exterior Carbon Fiber Package
Executive Rear Seat Package PLUS
Refrigerator box for rear cabin
Plus the 20+ standard features like wifi, sounds etc.

Let me know, I do have dealer connections nationwide.

Thanks in advance.
That's going to be a tough one not to order. Sorry, black and white with the multi spoke wheels are what I see coming available in the next little bit. I'm happy to place one on order for you though. Good luck with your decision, the S65 is absolutely amazing in person and even more amazing behind the wheel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts