Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
You don't need AWD...Just get a plain G37. I'm just use to saying G37x, and yes AWD comes in handy in NY lol

I don't think your going to get anyone to recommend the Phaeton, it was pretty much a flop. I don't think a lot of people wanted to dish out 90k for a VW when they were new

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Not a pure FWD guy so if I go the Audi route, Quattro would be mandatory haha.
I drove a STI that was a couple years old today, I like it but definitely want an automatic. Not everyone in my family can drive a stick so I think an auto will be mandatory. No fun, I know.

I'm going to check out the FR-S (Scion dealer is closer than Subaru dealer) and the MX-5 tomorrow. I have a feeling the Miata will be way too small.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I was in a similar situation.. What I really wanted was a RX-7, but I needed 4 doors so I got a TSX for around 30k.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I need a Z06 manual Corvette so no one in my family can drive it. And if they succeed to start driving, the rough ride will scare them out of it lol. STI just sucks because the insurance rate is absurdly high for a teen driver. I spoke to my agent and a couple other insurance companies, it's cheaper for me to insure a Mercedes SL AMG than a STI- jeez!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Second piece of advice: Keep the Jaguar, use a portion of the cash for routine maintenance, use the car itself to separate yourself from the typical, young crowd, and save the remainder of the cash. I realize that I am giving advice to the ever-shifting mind of a teenager, but it's well worth the mention. Best of luck with your search.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Second piece of advice: Keep the Jaguar, use a portion of the cash for routine maintenance, use the car itself to separate yourself from the typical, young crowd, and save the remainder of the cash. I realize that I am giving advice to the ever-shifting mind of a teenager, but it's well worth the mention. Best of luck with your search.
Thanks, you're right about the ever-changing minds haha

Reactions: H J

·
Registered
319 Posts
That jag is awful i would trade it in asap!! Also i always wanted an Sti when i was younger but didnt get one because the insurance payment was almost as much as the car payment. So i got an Audi and drove that untill it was tragically totaled this last winter. And since I always wanted a sti/evo i looked at them a again, and what did i do? i bought another Audi and spent some money on mods and now its around the same hp as a sti but not made like a pop can.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
It'll be a bit hard to find, but an '08/'09 Legacy GT Limited would fit the bill very well. Auto, more mature looking than an STI, serviceable nav, reliable, easy to work on, fun to drive, VERY fun to drive with minimal mods and they can be found under 20k with fairly low miles.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts