Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share with the rest of the L4P family this new brand from the UK... the founder of this company started a watch forum a few years ago dedicated solely to the brand Bell & Ross and now he has launched his own watch brand! Much props and respect to Piers. Personally I think the watches look fantastic and I can't wait to see what the future models will look like! Gives some of us hope that perhaps one day we can also own a watch company :whistle:.

Personally, I really like the bronze case with the green dial... and it looks like there might be a power reserve in the future? A power reserve green dial with date on a bronze case would be my pick! What do you guys think of this new brand?

From their website,

Pinion, founded in 2013 in South Oxfordshire, England, produces fine watches which are designed, finished, assembled and tested in the UK to the highest of standards. The debut collection, called the ‘Pinion Axis’ has been designed to evoke: Simplicity, high legibility and hard-wearing robustness for daily and exceptional uses.

Pinion Watch Company is the vision and creation of experienced designer, Piers Berry. With many years in graphics and digital media, Piers’ love for watches and mechanical instruments inspired him to design his own watch and in doing so, created the Pinion Axis.

Every aspect of Pinion is designed and produced by Piers. From the straps and packaging through to the watch photography and digital media, everything is painstakingly created by Piers to ensure his original vision is to exacting standards and the finest of quality.

The name ‘Pinion’ originates from the small but significant gear wheels, that sit at the very heart of every mechanical timepiece and are often used to drive the more visible parts like the hands in a watch. Being a small independent watch company, Pinion passionately embodies watchmaking from the heart.

Their website...
Pinion® Watch Company | Fine watches designed and assembled in England

A few photos borrowed from the web...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Really like the look of the watch. This might sound like a small niggle, but would prefer it said UK, rather than England.
Infact more I think about it, I think "Great Britain" would be best.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Nice! Love the Bronze w/ green dial. They're a little pricey for me though.

·
Registered
848 Posts
They actually look like nice pieces, a little more than I'd pay for a watch from a new company though

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, I am Piers Founder of Pinion Watch Co.

Thanks to Brian for posting this topic.. I didn't put him up to this at all - he is a member of Br-avo which is a Bell&Ross forum I started a few years ago.

Pinion is a new watch company I have founded and all the watches are designed by myself and built to the highest specifications possible. I initially tried to use British manufacturing - in fact the dials you see on the prototypes were hand printed in Britain, they are good quality but not the standards I wanted to achieve - so I have using the best Swiss manufacturing for the parts and any finishing, coating and assembly is done in he UK. For example the DLC black watch is sandblasted here then DLC'd in Great Britain prior to being assembled and tested here.

This collection is the a starting point, and I have used ETA 2824 mainly because I want something which is accurate, reliable and can be serviced in the UK without problems - I have looked at various options for this but ETA still reigns supreme!

Following on from this, I am adding a titanium with blue face and then I am launching a Chronograph model in about two weeks time, then next year will be a rather special limited edition that utilises a rare vintage movement.

As someone rightly said, the prices are Inc. VAT in the UK (that's 20%) so anyone buying from the USA is going to be paying approx. 20% less subject to exchange rates and shipping fees.

Watches and design are my passion and Pinion is the result of this - I thought it only right to share my thoughts on this as I guess there will be a few questions. Many thanks! Piers

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
^ Welcome! Always great to hear from the founder of a company. Glad to hear that your passion for watches has turned into a company, and hopefully I can own one of your pieces in the near future once I'm done with university as I seem to have fallen in love with the bronze/green one.

·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Guys, I am Piers Founder of Pinion Watch Co.

Thanks to Brian for posting this topic.. I didn't put him up to this at all - he is a member of Br-avo which is a Bell&Ross forum I started a few years ago.

Pinion is a new watch company I have founded and all the watches are designed by myself and built to the highest specifications possible. I initially tried to use British manufacturing - in fact the dials you see on the prototypes were hand printed in Britain, they are good quality but not the standards I wanted to achieve - so I have using the best Swiss manufacturing for the parts and any finishing, coating and assembly is done in he UK. For example the DLC black watch is sandblasted here then DLC'd in Great Britain prior to being assembled and tested here.

This collection is the a starting point, and I have used ETA 2824 mainly because I want something which is accurate, reliable and can be serviced in the UK without problems - I have looked at various options for this but ETA still reigns supreme!

Following on from this, I am adding a titanium with blue face and then I am launching a Chronograph model in about two weeks time, then next year will be a rather special limited edition that utilises a rare vintage movement.

As someone rightly said, the prices are Inc. VAT in the UK (that's 20%) so anyone buying from the USA is going to be paying approx. 20% less subject to exchange rates and shipping fees.

Watches and design are my passion and Pinion is the result of this - I thought it only right to share my thoughts on this as I guess there will be a few questions. Many thanks! Piers

Welcome to L4P Piers! Can't wait for the chronograph model you are talking about... and with the 20% off, the prices are definitely more enticing! Is a PR version coming out soon too?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts