Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
thats some baller ish right there. i'd love to be rich enough to have my own jet one day.

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
This thread is entertaining on a couple different levels. Lol
agreed.

Maybe this guys knows the person who OWNS "FA"...therefore its privately owned in that regard?

either way - to the op - thanks for sharing and keep the pics coming!!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The plane is no longer "private" once the registration of record is "Commercial". It was purchase by Fast Air, for Fast Air to be a charter horse in their fleet. Call them and ask if you wish. At least that's what the documentation says and the voice on the other end of the phone says. I may be wrong. Examine the information for yourself and you decide.

All of this is publicly available information on any registered aircraft. It's pretty hard to say you own an aircraft when you don't. Anyone can google a tail number

The OP did a fantastic job in posting picks of a very sweet aircraft. He failed to edit the tail number (which he's pulled that image now) which was visible to all. Post 18 has all the data. Again, nothing confidential, all publicly available / searchable information.

The biggest conundrum was his lack of brevity.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The funny thing is that anybody that owns an aircraft knows all this information is public record--which is why it makes it even more probable the OP doesn't own it (or maybe owns FA?).

Regardless, sweet plane. I looked at a G200 closely before buying a Hawker 800XP (couldn't come up with enough cash for the G!). Gulfstream makes FANTASTIC products!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The funny thing is that anybody that owns an aircraft knows all this information is public record--which is why it makes it even more probable the OP doesn't own it (or maybe owns FA?).

Regardless, sweet plane. I looked at a G200 closely before buying a Hawker 800XP (couldn't come up with enough cash for the G!). Gulfstream makes FANTASTIC products!
Hawker is a better buy in the long run compared to the G200. (IMO/YMMV)
Far more efficient machine. G200's are a bit higher on the hourly versus the 800 if I recall. I haven't looked at them side by side in Conklin & Decker, but my money is on the 800 for less burn rate as well other fixed and variable.

Even with other machines in class that outperform for less up front, the sweet spot is indeed in a Gulfstream.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
How about that. The 800XP v. G200 is only +/-100 less per hour (variable costs)
Surprising. I thought it would have been a bit more. 300ish per hour.
Perhaps I'd better revise my earlier statement after looking at them side by side!

·
Registered
123 Posts
How about that. The 800XP v. G200 is only +/-100 less per hour (variable costs)
Surprising. I thought it would have been a bit more. 300ish per hour.
Perhaps I'd better revise my earlier statement after looking at them side by side!
That sounds about right--ergonomics and (if I recall), avionics were far superior in the G200.

Maintenance costs ended up being 2x what we projected for the Hawker, which was a little disheartening. We didn't have a maintenance program either so it was all out of pocket.

Edit: We just sold it in December.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
That sounds about right--ergonomics and (if I recall), avionics were far superior in the G200.

Maintenance costs ended up being 2x what we projected for the Hawker, which was a little disheartening. We didn't have a maintenance program either so it was all out of pocket.

Edit: We just sold it in December.
Yikes! Maintenance out of pocket is a tough pill to swallow.
Slightly smaller machine, but well worth a look in the same class: Lear 60. Great machine for the money right now. Awesome performance, very reasonable TCO.
There's still nothing like a G though. They are such nice machines through and through.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I've supplied Lista in two local company hangars. One with Hawkers and the other with G's.

The Hawkers are used to fly company employees versus commercial flights. Their ROI was the fact they were spending $1MM per month on commercial flight and hotel stays. The Hawkers are around $1600 per hour to operate. The planes are paying for themselves.

Oh, and the hangar with the G's next door....it's used to fly the CEO wherever he wants to go. Who cares about ROI when you're a baller.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts